Charvel 3DR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel 3DR

I just bought a reverse headstock Charvel 3DR (S/N# 314615) off a guy from Ebay for $210.00 (including shipping, is that a good price ?)it is in MINT CONDITION
    I can't seem to find any info on it, ie pickup models,what year it is, orig retail price ect........can anyone help me?
    Where these guitars any good?
    if anyone wants pic's email me
    [email protected]
    please, no spam
    Thanks in Advance ! 8-)
    link to guitar:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...504174549&rd=1

[ March 04, 2003, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: shwing ]

Re: Charvel 3DR

You bought that? I blew that one off.. I was the previous bidder on it and he relisted 5 days later cause he couldn't send me a pic of the back, so we never came to terms. He listed it orginally as "rare reverse headstock soloist" from the 90's. Dude, something tells me you are the seller.. we've discussed this.

Anyways.. looks to be an '87..if it has a jt6 floyd.. the nut, you dont see the flip nut clamps to often.. not on charvels I've seen.

It was a good deal, I just didnt want another 3DR even in mint shape, great players tho.

[ March 04, 2003, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

3DR would be 89, possibly very early 90, replaced by the script logo Predator.

$210 for a dead mint one is a good buy. Congrats! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

yeah, you're right Xeno..I think they made em in '88 tho..no? but I was thinking the 3DR was out in 87.
        It's the same guitar in this link..http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=927117809

and in this...http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=934879790

Since the seller is from Canada, and the buyer is from the US...well, shwing is from Canada, what do you think? Shwing=seller.

Comment

Hmmmmm I think I smell somthing here.

BB

Comment

whats with the buzz "I'm the seller"? the seller told me a guy in the states said he was gonna send him a check for the ax and the guy never sent it, thats what he told me anyways..
            not sure why the hell anyone would think I'm the seller, he lives in Toronto, I live in Windsor, he shipped it to on a VIA train and I picked it up this afternoon...btw, thanks 4 the info on the ax, I used to have a Model 4, but that was in the 80's...
            Footnote:
            I just checked the Ebay links U guys posted, holy crap he did list it 3 times...jezzus!
            oh well, I got it for $210.00 US shipped, so thats cool, it just needs a set-up other then that it's mint!

[ March 04, 2003, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: shwing ]

Comment

wouldnt be the first time I'm wrong or the last.. ok.. I ASSumed that since you were CA and the seller was a CA address.. you were the same.
              He did later say he was holding it for someone.. I just thought the guy from the states completed the deal as he posted feedback.
              Jeez, now I wish I wouldve payed for it. *kick* [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Anyways.. good score.

Comment

Anybody now what the cost of this guitar went for new?
                Thanks in Advance

[ March 05, 2003, 01:48 AM: Message edited by: shwing ]

Comment

They were made in 1988. I bought mine new at Sam Ash in White Plains New York for $269. The guitar was worth way more in my opinion. You got a great deal on it. On average I see them sell on eBay for 300-350.
                  We must!
                  We must!
                  We must increase the bust!
                  The bigger the better!
                  The tighter the sweater!
                  The boys are counting on us!

Comment

i bidded on that axe in its first auction.
                    man i still want it. i called the guy and he said he'd ship it to me for 300 + shipping and i let it go cause i wanted it to be 300 including shiping.
                    damn nice axe!
                    ~JW
                    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

A GAYtar!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Come on schwing! You know we all live in the same igloo up here in Canada. I'm going to walk from Vancouver to Windsor tomorrow; are you going to be around? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                          A GAYtar!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">WHAT the hell is that suposed to mean RacerX ? HUH ?

Comment

Originally posted by redmanjj:
                            Come on schwing! You know we all live in the same igloo up here in Canada. I'm going to walk from Vancouver to Windsor tomorrow; are you going to be around? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Purpose of your post?

Comment

take it easy.. they're only pokin fun.

didnt you know pink was a color homophobics avoid? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                              I kinda like the fushia, wish they had made a yellow.

I take it that Windsor and Vancouver are not close to one another...
                              I always wanted to live in Vancouver, what kind of music scene is there?

[ March 06, 2003, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Working...
                              X