Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone try the Ti-Block titanium Floyd inserts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone try the Ti-Block titanium Floyd inserts?

http://www.k-t-s.com/contents/bridge/indexblock.html

[ QUOTE ]
    Have you ever experienced that the block had crashed in the saddle of Floyd Rose® style bridge? This is pure Titanium insert block for Floyd Rose® style locking tremolo bridges. The feature of "Titanium" prevents from breakages inside of saddle usually occur due to overly tighten screws or corrosion. The size specifications match Floyd Rose® original parts. Please note this block is not usable for the other Floyd Rose® styles such as Lo Pro Edge of Ibanese.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw someone selling an axe on ebay with these (first time I'd ever heard of them), and he claimed that these improved sustain as well? hmmmm

-a

Re: Anyone try the Ti-Block titanium Floyd inserts

I fail to see how Titanium inserts would improve sustain.
    Titanium is not a resonant metal like steel or brass, in fact I would say it would actualy be neutral.

These wouldn't be needed either if people would stop cranking down on the lock screws.
    It only takes 1/4 to maybe a 1/2 turn to properly secure a string in the saddle once contact is made.
    I have NEVER cracked a single one... ever.

Shit, now I jinxed it. I'll probably destroy a whole set tonight. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    -Rick

Comment

I agree ... I've never had a problem with my Floyd's ... and I can't immagine how these would improve sustain at all. Heh.

-a

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        These wouldn't be needed either if people would stop cranking down on the lock screws.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, since people keep breaking them, it means there's money to be made. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Speaking of, how much do these cost?

Comment

I cannot confirm this ... but I found on a google cached thread someone was claiming they cost $250 (?!@#$$%^*) [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

-a

Comment

It is really true. I recently got a set of these, and I'm very impressed. I've stripped off two good quality allen wrenches now, and never busted a string insert. Plus, now the sustain is so awesome I actually have to unplug the guitar just to get it quiet. I found that out the hard way! I woke up at 4:00am this morning hearing the same note I'd been playing last night. I unplugged the guitar and all was well. I'm gonna put 'em in all my axes.
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              It is really true. I recently got a set of these, and I'm very impressed. I've stripped off two good quality allen wrenches now, and never busted a string insert. Plus, now the sustain is so awesome I actually have to unplug the guitar just to get it quiet. I found that out the hard way! I woke up at 4:00am this morning hearing the same note I'd been playing last night. I unplugged the guitar and all was well. I'm gonna put 'em in all my axes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did the Ti-Block salesman also have a bridge to sell you?

-a

Comment

He did say something about some ocean front property in Arizona..... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                X