Is this a Charvel 375 or 375 deluxe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a Charvel 375 or 375 deluxe?

I recently purchased this on Ebay for $300. It has a h-s-s Jackson p/u config transparent maple and 1volume and 1 tone knob. Jackson licensed Floyd. It also has the toothpaste logo. Is there a place I can look up the serial number?

To view a pic..click link: My yahoo profile

Re: Is this a Charvel 375 or 375 deluxe?

I believe that it's a 375 Deluxe and that's the model name. There is no just plain 375. All the 275, 375, 475 were "Deluxe" except there were two 475's. The 475 Deluxe and 475 Deluxe-Exotic. As far a SN#, there is no way to tell for sure because the Japan line didn't keep records for them. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ March 01, 2003, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: Johno ]

Comment

Well as soon as I get it i will list what the serial # starts with in hopes of narrowing it down. But everything that I have found so far point to as you say a model 375 Deluxe. Can anyone tell me about the guitar itself? And was this a good buy at $335 USD..that included shipping.

I currently play an older Ibanez RG470 and have always been in love with the Charvels since the Sans Dimas days, just could never afford one. I hope to break into the Charvel line with this axe, and maybe pick up a Model 4, or 6! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I could be wrong as I know little of the toothpaste logo Charvels but I was under the impression deluxe versions just had bound headstocks and sharkfins.

Joe...where ya bud?...I know you know this
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

When you get your Guitar take the neck off and look in the pocket it will tell you it's secrets.

I have a 275 DLX. It dosn't have a bound headstock? It's a great Axe Mine has tetrad blade double coil thats smokin on the bridge and a single on the neck. My Floyd actualy has Charvel Stamped into it which I havn't seen before. Oh heck here's a pick have a look. I paid $195.00 for mine but it is mint and the previuos owner is a Forum Mmeber so I knew it's history and knew it was well looked after. Bottom line is for what you paid you will enjoy the Axe Trust Me.

Later BB

Comment

Not a bad price but for $25 to $50 you could probably landed a clean Model 6. Your 375 Deluxe is a good guitar though, I think it will become your main guitar. As for posting the serial number, I wouldn't bother. When I first purchased mine no one knew what is was. I was able to get in touch with IMC and was transferred around several times before talking with a guy who had some old catalogs. The serial number didn't help out at all. But you can try it. Personally I like my old Model 3A better.

Comment

I have a Charvel 375 Deluxe(there`s no plain 375). It`s a great guitar!! Definitelly better than RG470(I don`t say it just because I think Ibanez is ****, like some people on this board are thinking.) Mine has a double locking Charvel stamped Floyd, Made in Germany by Schaller. And it kicks ass!! You can`t get it out of tune. There`s no bounded neck and fins on these models.

Comment

Working...
              X