Marshall 1936 cab w/TSL100 head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall 1936 cab w/TSL100 head

I am looking to upgrade one of my speaker in the 1936 cab so I went to open the back to see what type of speaker I had. In doing so, I actually took the time to read the instructions on the back of my cab. In my case, I've been hooking up my head (16ohms) output to the MONO 8 ohmns jack on my cabinet. DUH??? I've been doing this for about 2 years. Have I been doing something very bad? Am I hurting anything? In order to run 8ohms MONO, I'll need to hook-up the cabinet differently. On the back of my head, I have two hookups that I can run 8ohms. My question is can I just use one of the 8ohms cabinet hookups?

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Re: Marshall 1936 cab w/TSL100 head

Make mental note - don't buy TSL100 head from Joe.

LOL! Have you been blown tubes? Fuses? If not, I'd say you are fine. If you have been blowning tubes, you now know why.

Comment

You have been drawing more cuurent and burning out your power tubes much quicker than normal. If you've been using this same set of tubes for 2 years its definitely time for a change.

Comment

I discovered that I'd been doing the same thing with my Peavey Classic 212 combo. It is spec'd for a minimum overall load of 4 ohms (internal speakers and cabs), but I was running a 4 ohm 2x12 extension cab with it. Oops. In any case, I never experienced any problems, but didn't use it very often.
        sigpic

Comment

Looks like you got off ok. I always plugged into the 8ohm jack, with the amp set to 8ohms too of course when I use my TSL and 1963 cab.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I always plugged into the 8ohm jack, with the amp set to 8ohms too of course when I use my TSL and 1963 cab

[/ QUOTE ] Are you using 1 cable from the 8ohmns head?

joe...
            www.godwentpunk.com
            www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Working...
            X