Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 6 woods

Hi guys... my first post... cool forum

Found it while doing some research on my Model 6 - I now know what year it was made! ('87) thanks! My question is...

I know the fret board is rosewood, I'm pretty sure the body is either poplar or basswood, neck wood is ..... ????? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] A logical guess is maple, but figured I'd ask someone who would actually know... thanks in advance

cheers [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[ February 25, 2003, 03:00 AM: Message edited by: TommyJ37 ]

Re: Model 6 woods

The Model 6 has a maple neck. It's actually quartersawn, unusual for an import, Something you normaly only see on U.S guitars these days.

Even the *lowly* Model 1 had a quartersawn maple neck.

(just one of the reasons the Model series were a very high class of import.

The body wings are Poplar.

[ February 25, 2003, 05:06 AM: Message edited by: 2Loud2Old ]

Comment

Thanks very much for the info ! Greatly appreciated ! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yep, poplar with maple neck. I had one... very sweet guitar! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] It was kinda heavy, though.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I hear that! My M6 is pretty heavy.

You want heavy, my new Barreta is very heavy.. Its the heaviest bolt-on I've got.

Comment

2loud2old, you seem to know alot about the 80's charvel imports so i've got a question for you.i've got a pair of 3bs and a 4b neck thrus and wondered what they're made of?fretboards are rosewood but that's all i know.
            The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Originally posted by peabuddy:
              2loud2old, you seem to know alot about the 80's charvel imports so i've got a question for you.i've got a pair of 3bs and a 4b neck thrus and wondered what they're made of?fretboards are rosewood but that's all i know.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Would you have pics? They might help I.D. them
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Almost every Charvel or Jackson production guitar made from 1990 through 1993 used maple necks with poplar body or body sides if it was a neck through. An obvious exception is the Charvel 750 with it's maple top and mahogany back. All Charvel fingerboards of this era were either the common rosewood or the occasional maple. No Charvel made in that era used an ebony board.
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by peabuddy:
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The neckthrough Model series basses all used quartersawn maple necks and poplar bodies.

Comment

thanks, these basses are really underrated.they all have killer tone and great playablity,and didn't cost an arm and a leg either [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Working...
                    X