My new Project Mod 6 arrived today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Project Mod 6 arrived today!

Well UPS with my new toy, made it through the snow today! I have to admit I'm always a little nervous about getting axes off ebay but this actually came thru better than I ever imagined. Her's the auction where it came from:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...506823372&rd=1
    Here are some pics of her:
    http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TADdA...c=467541021512 7497113

By the way, is the "image" link on this site not working? I didn't have any trouble posting other pics before but now it's not working! My picture host hasn't changed(at least not that I'm aware of!).
    It's an 1986(serial # starts C6.....) and it's got all the original hardware including the case which isn't bad at all actually. I did notice someone brought the nut down too low to the frets but nothing that can't be fixed. It even has the preamp-midboost system with all the correct pickups. The body has some light checking and some chips so I'm envisioning new paint schemes but not sure what. I do have one question though. Did the '86 Model 6's have the allen wrench holder's on them??? I'll post pictures when it's done(which could be awhile depending on how much is done to her).
    [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ February 18, 2003, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: budman68 ]
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Re: My new Project Mod 6 arrived today!

Wow, for that price you can't go wrong!! The allen key holders didn't appear till the Schaller hardware that came on the new 89 series was put out. Someone must have done that afterwards.

Comment

Wow, nice score!! They are sweet players!!! I just got rid of my '87 black cherry Model 6 (traded it to Doc for an '88 black cherry Model 5A). The 5A only has one pup, no binding or sharkfins, but I don't care too much (I do miss the sharks and binding, but I love simplicity of the one pup/one volume control, plus Doc took out the pop-in bar assembly of the JT6 and put a regular collared Floyd bar in, so that's also a plus to me). The neck has the same shape and feel, so I'm pretty happy. I don't think you can go wrong with any Model series Charvel. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

What a deal!!!!!!!!! Take lots of Pics on the Progress. I guess you will have to choose wether to restore it to stock or put a custom paint job on it. I think if you restored it to stock it would have more value on a resale. Hey I got an idea sell me your Firecrackle and use the cash to restore this one. You don't need to Model 6's. LOL

Have Fun on Your Project.

BB

Comment

Hey thanks for the info Genebaby about the wrench holder. I just tore it completely apart tonight trying to make up my mind to do a paint job on it or just leave it alone. I'd like to at least wet sand it and do a couple of clear coats on it to seal some of the light checking and fill and smooth out the small chips/dings. The Kahler is in beautiful condition and the blackening looks perfect. I have to admit, I don't know alot about them but found a lot of info online(as far as all the adjustments that can be made) and it feels like a good solid unit. As they say, "variety is the spice of life" right?
          Cheers all! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          Dave ->

Comment

Budman!!! What a killer deal you got man! Way to go dude! I thought I got a good deal on mine for $275, but now I think I got ripped off. Crap man, I've never seen one go that cheap. Congrats! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
            Dana <~~~
            '85 Rhoads Custom
            '86 SD Str*t
            '86 Model 4 (5)
            '87 Model 1
            '87 Model 6
            '88 Model 3DR
            '90 650 XL
            '94 KE-3
            '97 DR Amberburst
            '97 Dinky BOFlames
            '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Now thats a deal, good score.

Comment

Man, an amazing score!

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

where the hell was i?

Comment

dang what a steal!! good job
                    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Wow! I thought that *I* got a great deal when I picked up my Model 2 for $100.00!

Want to trade....?
                      [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Yeah, I have to admit, I'll probably never see another deal like that again. Thanks for all the comments. You guys are great! BTW, anybody have a nut for this? Whoever had it before me screwed up the nut pretty bad and it has to be replaced. Or should I use brass? Any thoughts or should I post this question in the tech area?
                        Thanks again! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        Dave ->

Comment

Budman...Did the seller require you to pick it up PERSONALLY - with your BLACK MASK ON, and a 9mm stuffed in your waistband ??? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

THAT is one of the BEST CASES of G.T.G {GRAND THEFT GUITAR [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] } that I have seen in SOME TIME !!!

Those tweed CASES sometimes go for what YOU paid for the WHOLE ENCHILADA !!!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

NICE WORK !!!!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] price free ??? ¿ [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel:
                              [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] price free ??? ¿ [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Shakeel, if you look at my first post of this subject, you'll see 2 links to click on. The first is the ebay auction I got it from and the second link is the pictures of it when it arrived at my house. Is that what you wanted to know?
                              Dave ->

Comment

Working...
                              X