J90c wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J90c wiring question

What is the standard wiring for this pickup, ya know, no coil tap, just normal humbucker wiring. Right now its got the white and red together and taped off, the black is hot and the green and ground are together to ground. Is this the standard way, like in a model 2 or similar? Also, are the coils split by simply grounding the red and white that are taped off together? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: J90c wiring question

Red and White are the coil taps, and only tap when connected to a switch or other "hot" connection. Taping them together won't make them do the split thing.

And yup, either black or green to hot and the other matched with the bare ground is normal humbucking-only mode.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: J90c wiring question

Cool, which way did charvel have it originally wired, with the black or green as hot? Or did it vary depending on the application.

Comment

Working...
      X