The Model 6 arrives.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Model 6 arrives.

Well, after two weeks of waiting, my Model 6 finaly arrives.

The hardware is in great shape. The JT6 trem is working fine, knife edges are good and no screws are stripped out (Thank God) Of course, no trem arm. (What the hell do people DO with these things)

The Super Distorion sounds really good in this guitar, maybe because it's Poplar.

Cosmetically, its a mixed bag.. lots of little scratches and the occasional ding. Some of the clear coat has cracked in places, and of course that extra hole drilled for a coil tap switch.

On the plus side, the fretboard is good, the inlays are fine and none of the binding is damaged.

Unfortunately the electronics are gutted, the switches and knobs are there, just no active preamp and a piss poor wiring job.

As a bonus, It came with a very nice brand new deluxe gig bag, made by gibson, a really nice one.

Over all for $340.00 an okay deal.. not a complete bargain, but it's still a solid guitar for 1/3 of what it used to sell for.

[ February 15, 2003, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: 2Loud2Old ]

Re: The Model 6 arrives.

glad to hear it!!

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Congrats!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] You could always go to a shop and get a black Ibanez pop-in bar for it. Or you could just unscrew the assembly and have the Floyd bar with adjustable cap put in.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Good Stuff!! I got the trem bar at Song Bird for $20.00 brand new in bag with 2 extra bushings. You can pass by the Russian when your down there and give him a big kiss for me. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] .
        You don't have to worry about electronics anyway. You got that little box coming right. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Have fun now when's the other one gettin there.

Later and Thanks again for the lead I'm lovin this Model 4.

Hey you got that Demo Reel done for me Yet. Now get back to work!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
        Give me a call later tonight.

Congrats on your new M6

BB [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Are you going to post a pic of it? I have a fixer upper coming too any day now. I'll post a pic as soon as it gets here. I got it off ebay( [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] ) which is always nerve racking.
          Enjoy the new toy! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Do you want my electronics? I'm taking them out of my model 6.

I know this sounds like heresy, but I'm all for convenience and durability. Besides, I can get a midrange boost from my amp.

Comment

You got mail!

Comment

Working...
              X