Has anyone here ever bought custom boutique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone here ever bought custom boutique

pickups, like the High Orders or WRC Coils. I was looking at a combo set of WRCs Goodwood and Darkburst. Wanted to know if anyone has ever plunked one of those onto a Jackson or Charvel.

I'm thinking of ordering a custom job made out of premium wood (mahogany body, neck, maple cap) and plunking some custom pickups in. I like the playability of the Jackson and Charvel lines but I'm trying to also get some of the sweeter Les Paul sound.

Also, how is Jackson/Charvel with unusual pickup orders?

Re: Has anyone here ever bought custom boutique

If I'm going to spend that much on a pickup, I'm going to go to the Seymour Duncan Custom shop. I've got a custom shop pickup in one of my Hamers that sounds amazing.

Comment

that is one thing I figured I never needed to do. I don't have any beefs with the various Duncan and DiMarzio pickups I use....amps...well thats a different story [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

WCRs are very nice sounding pickups lots of string definiton.I have the first production WCR/RS shredder in my 88 USA dinky and it is great for all jazz,blues ,rock ,metal.No complaints.
        Jim Rolph make some nice PAF clones.I have a set of Rolph humbuckers that were designed for Mick Mars and they Smoke.
        I do like Duncans and DiMarzios too.For vintage singles I favor Lindy Fralin blues specials.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Aero Instruments located in Hawaii. Guys name is Larry.

He has a website. I have one of his pups in a Charvel.

I have spoken with him and he knows his shit. He is also a musician.

He makes he best pups you can buy. $160.00 per though.

Jackson won't order custom pups - you have to order them and send them to Jackson.
          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

With all the current offerings from Dimarzio and Duncan I personally have no need for a boutique pickup.

Comment

Working...
            X