Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JDR-94/PS-2 hybrid back from paint... FINALY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDR-94/PS-2 hybrid back from paint... FINALY!

You all heard me talk about it... it's gone from black to purple to it's final color scheme.
    And I know the trem is chrome... I didn't have a black one available. If anyone wants to do a trade, black trem for a chrome, PM me. That's all I really need to complete this monster.
    It's a JDR-94 body with the neck and middle routes filled.
    A PS-2 neck with the headstock cap removed and refinished.
    Black Jackson tuners, 3D neck plate from ebay, EMG-81 with battery box (I hate needing a screw driver to replace a battery), a chrome Charvel logo'd JT-590(Schaller)and a custom truss rod cover with my signature on it.
    I want to say thx to the following JCF members for helping me with parts... Huntindoug, 442w30 and lhrocker.
    You guys rock! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

And yea... it shreds! I was up past midnight breaking her in. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sorry for the crappy pics, it was late and I just grabbed my camera phone. I'll take better ones later.
    -Rick

Re: JDR-94/PS-2 hybrid back from paint... FINALY!

It looks great. The only part I would have left out is the tone control. Very nice job!!!

Comment

Trust me, I struggled over the tone knob decision.
      But after going out and playing a bunch of guitars with EMG's, I decided the tone knob was a necessary evil.
      -Rick

Comment

Very cool!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] And I agree, if you're gonna have a tone control, might as well have it with an EMG. EMG's tone pots work very well, very responsive compared to passive pickups.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Did you ever consider a push/pull option for tone control?

Man, that paintjob looks sweet!
          Congrats!

Comment

I could never get used to push/pull pots... I've tried, but it just didn't feel right.
            I'll let my father-in-law know you guys like the paint job.
            It could use a bit more rubbing out on the clear coat, but it's the first guitar he's ever painted.
            It matches the 74 Chevy C-10 truck in his garage. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            I'll have to snap a pic of them together one day.
            -Rick

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              It matches the 74 Chevy C-10 truck in his garage. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              I'll have to snap a pic of them together one day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please do!

Guitar looks great but we need larger pics [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Killer axe dude!
                I'm all for matching guitars and cars [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Perfect axe for a single hum! Nice damn work!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Tell your father-in-law he rocks!
                  My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                  X