No announcement yet.

Wiring schematic needed and questions!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring schematic needed and questions!!

I need the wiring schematic for:

J50BC, J200,J200 with the 1200 active boost preamp.
    Its basically the stock set up.

Also, the J200's are stacked singles. I was thinking about installing 1 in the bridge and one in the neck of my Model 1a. How do they sound without the preamp? If I did install the preamp could I wire it up to a 3 tite Model 1a with a
    Bridge J200
    Middle stock Jackson logo'd uncovered single coil
    Neck J200

Thanks bro's..

Re: Wiring schematic needed and questions!!

Re J200's: Most (I guess that means me as well) consider them muddy and not very "straty" sounding.

My experience with them is on a Jackson Fusion Professional with the H-S-S config. This axe has the JE-1500 active "wah". Switching on the wah cleans them up nicely, and I can get straty tones with the wah turned on.

In the bridge? Not sure, but the increased treble at the bridge might help the mud issue.

Without a preamp? In a recent thread, someone mentioned these pickups were never designed to be used passively, always with a preamp. But with my Fusion, you can turn off and bypass the preamp to use them passively.

Comment

Diagrams here:

http://www.jcfonline.com/resources/J...l/target7.html

http://www.jcfonline.com/resources/J.../target16.html

Shows 5-way switch only, no 3 mini-toggles like a lot of the older ones had. I think you could put it in the 1A without any problem. Not sure how the true single will sound with it, but I've used the JE-1200 with Duncans and it sounds great.

Comment

^^ [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
        X