Model 4 Fire Crackle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 4 Fire Crackle

Thanks to a fellow JCF member I picked up a Model 4 Fire Crackle today. This thing is sweet. I will post pics soon. How comon are these Guitars.

Later BB

Re: Model 4 Fire Crackle

Here is my latest addition. Let me know what you think

Later BB

Comment

Man, that axe coulda been mine...

Damm why do I keep telling you where to find this stuff?!? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Heh.. thats looks so cool.

Congrats on snaging the only DECENT guitar in the place! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks Again 2Loud2Old and in Canadin Money to Boot!!! Now If I can just figure what all these dam knobs and switches do. On another note are these common I havn't seen a Fire Crackle Model 4 anywhere?

Later BB

Comment

Actually Brad you've never seen a Model 4 like that because they don't exist. It's a fake so why don't you just unload it to me for $100.00 and that way you won't have to be reminded of your poor purchase. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Just kiddin there BB, it's sharp and it looks like it's in great condition too. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Does it still have the original preamp and controls too? She's a beauty! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Yup all original controls but the switches have been rewired. They don't control the pickups like they should. The mid boost pot was sized but i freed it up and it is working fine after replacing the battery. The guitar was in OK shape and looked like it would need to have the clear coat redone frets and board were A1. It turned out what ever was on it was on the surface after 5 hours of cleaning then buffing it came back mint!!!!! All pickups work fine also. The bridge was blocked and the Schaler lock down was missing this was covered with a black plate so all screws were there. I have found a schaler look nut and installed it I finished everything last night including intonation and action setup. This Guitar plays, sounds and feels fantastic. I feel like I rescued this from where it was it was so sad to see a Guitar like this in that kind of condition and now it with shes with her sisters and the Guitar Karma is soaking in. I checked the neck and pocket and all numbers match it is dated as being made in 1986. If anyone knows how many of these were made or any history please let me know.

Oh Yeah the Tremol arm is missing but I have found one cheap.

BB

Comment

Hey 2Loud2Old,
              what are the "catalogs and remnants of the MOAI pages."??

Thanks.....
              Dave ->

Comment

That's a very nice axe. I have a Model 3DR with that same paint scheme in mint condition. I rescued mine from a pawnshop with OHSC. Personally, I really like the Firecrackle guitars. I don't know how many were made, but there clearly aren't an extremely high number. I haven't seen all that many myself.
                Dana <~~~
                '85 Rhoads Custom
                '86 SD Str*t
                '86 Model 4 (5)
                '87 Model 1
                '87 Model 6
                '88 Model 3DR
                '90 650 XL
                '94 KE-3
                '97 DR Amberburst
                '97 Dinky BOFlames
                '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

guitarforceone that sounds groovy. I too havn't seen that many I have seen Model 5 & 6 and Jacksons but not a 3 or 4. Post a pic I would love to see your Axe.

Hey the electronics didn't need fixing after all all switches and pots function correctly if the switches turn off the pickups in the up position. So again another simple fix and I'm supposed to be an engineer, well hey it was 2 in the mornin when I finally finished redoing everything.

Thanks for All Your Help

BB

Comment

I'll try to post a pic later on of the 3DR after I get off work. I had problems with that last time I tried, and somebody here helped me out...so I might need someone to help me get it up here correctly.
                    Dana <~~~
                    '85 Rhoads Custom
                    '86 SD Str*t
                    '86 Model 4 (5)
                    '87 Model 1
                    '87 Model 6
                    '88 Model 3DR
                    '90 650 XL
                    '94 KE-3
                    '97 DR Amberburst
                    '97 Dinky BOFlames
                    '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Here's a shot of my model 6 in case ya didn't see it in the forum earlier. It's actually very mint except for some wear on the Jackson logo's on the pickups. It has the same electronics as yours Brad and sounds great. I'd put a set of EMG's in it but I can't get myself to change the originality of it. It's a 1988 and the frets barely even have any wear on them. [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RQDdAmcV6PYkg1BN85pUXum*NUyPJ4WRbWMev5uKB1GF2SPIp eureuJgmTKS5eCl!VLPhRaZWzOTorbAn8ay5wqaSDVpNFRC7xM b3GJhuJ4/jax.jpg?dc=4675380813241063557[/img]
                      Actually I just bought a fixer upper black Model 6 with a Kahler on ebay that should be arriving any day now.
                      I'll post a pic when I get it. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      Dave ->

Comment

Budman...I've been drooling over your guitar since you posted it a few days ago. Please take it away...I can't take my eyes off of it. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                        Dana <~~~
                        '85 Rhoads Custom
                        '86 SD Str*t
                        '86 Model 4 (5)
                        '87 Model 1
                        '87 Model 6
                        '88 Model 3DR
                        '90 650 XL
                        '94 KE-3
                        '97 DR Amberburst
                        '97 Dinky BOFlames
                        '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Hey there's her Big Sister Very Sweeeeeet. I'm lookin for a Model 6. Imagine the whole Model Series in Fire Crackle!! There is a Model 6 Fire Crackle on the Bay right now but it's just to $$$$$. Have a look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...507132522&rd=1

Great Axe

BB

Comment

Yea I saw that one, I love the fact that no two are exactly alike. This is really becoming an addiction! Hey Dana, can I see a pic of your 3DR?
                            Dave ->

Comment

Hey Budman Don't ever say "This is really becoming an addiction!" My Wife has already suggested that a few times. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

BB

Comment

Working...
                              X