Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help from some of the pros on this site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help from some of the pros on this site.

I have a strat style Charvel guitar with a Fort Worth Texas plate.s/n 238972. It has a pointed headstock, lock in strings,maple fret board (dot inlays),2 single coils and a humbucker(active) (with Jackson written on them). It also has 3 toggle selectors,2 tone knobs and a vol. knob. It has a USA Kahler floating tremelo sytem with fine tuners. Its in great shape and near mint condition. This guitar came with a grey colored case that is more like the shape of the guitar not the box style case. I payed $300.00 3 years ago for this guitar. Can anyone give me some feedback on what this piece is. When it was issued and what its value is. Did I get a fair deal and is it worth holding on to. Thanx alot.....

Re: Need help from some of the pros on this site.

I believe that's a 1986 Model 4. Nice guitar. $300.00 is within reason for it, although probably on the higher side of the acceptable range, but not bad if it's in good condition.

It's worth holding onto if you enjoy playing it. As a Japanese Charvel, it's not a collector's piece, if that's what you were asking...

Comment

Thanx for the feedback. I dont have alot of knowledge with Charvel guitars. I have always owned Fender products. This guitar is a great player. I bought it for my son, but he never showed much interest. So I claimed it back. LOL

Comment

Just FYI, those aren't actually active pickups. The whole system is active, a 9-volt battery powers a midboost preamp that drives the passive Jackson pickups. If you open up the control cavity, you should see the preamp attached to the bottom of the Volume pot. It's wired to one of the other pots to control the amount of boost. So your controls are actually Vol/Tone/Midboost.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion:

It's worth holding onto if you enjoy playing it. As a Japanese Charvel, it's not a collector's piece, if that's what you were asking...
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not a collector's piece YET.. but mark my words, the value of the Charvel Model series will start to rise over the next 10 years.

They already have a *cult* following. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Very true, 2loud--stranger things have happened. Those run of the mill '70s Les Pauls that I used to pay $500 for used have now greatly exceeded their original purchase price in value.

But there are an awful lot of 'Model' Charvel guitars out there...it may take awhile for any appreciation in value to kick in.

Comment

Working...
            X