JUST PURCHASED A 750XL!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JUST PURCHASED A 750XL!!

Question: How many (if any) sub models were there? Differences?

Re: JUST PURCHASED A 750XL!!

I guess "sub models" is kinda throwing me off here. It makes me lean to the belief that yours is the model upon which all others are based.
    As far as I know, the 750xl were all basically the same. The 650 Xl is very similar, different pickup config.

MIJ, toothpaste logo, 24 3/4" scale bound neck w/ sharktooth inlays, H/H pickup config, 5 pos swtch, 1 vol, 1 tone.
    They all had the same body style, most being equipped with floyds, but string thru hardtails were also an option. Colors I've seen are cherry sunburst, trans blue, trans red,.. I don't have a catalog but trans green was probably also offered.
    It's a great axe, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

[ February 06, 2003, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Apart from the finishes, I think the Floyd vs. hardtail option is the only difference between various 750xl's, and they weren't actually different "submodels". Most 750's I've seen have Floyds, whereas the successor Archtop Soloist Pro model seemed to favor stringthrus more.

Congrats on a great instrument.

Comment

Comment

very nice [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Translucent green was not an option on the Charvel 750. Besides the trem vs. non trem, the only difference in the 750's was the trem recess. Some were recessed slightly (1989 style recess) and others were totally unrecessed (ala pre 1989 Soloists). I have a non recessed 750 in translucent red, like yours, and just sold my only other, a deep metallic blue with recess. What is your serial number?
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Thanks for the info, 750.

I'll have the guitar by Friday and I'll post the serial #.

BTW, I've never played a 750, but the way you and alot of others raved about them, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to buy this one!

Comment

Did THIS 750XL come from Joel Drabicki in IL ???...IF SO, I am gonna DIE !!!! [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] I was JUST gonna SEAL a DEAL !!!! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Let me know

...and EITHER WAY, that is A BEAUTY !!!!!

Comment

LOL!!! It sure did. I saw his ad in the H/C classifieds and emailed him immediately to see if he still had the ax. He said that a deal had just fallen through, so I called him, asked him to email me some pictures and then paid him immediately through Paypal.

He's a top-notch guy to deal with!

Comment

Beautiful guitar. I might get one of those too if I get paid someday, he he.

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Congrats, I need to get me one of those! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

I have done a couple of deals with Joel and have noting but good things to say about him. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

What a beauty! I love the inverted inlays. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Wow, you got Joel's 750? Good score, she's in excellent shape, you'll be very happy.

Comment

Hey guys,
                            Most of you know I'm not a strat shaped kinda guy, so this axe has found a loving home with Fritz and I get to add another pointy Jackson to the arsenal...grand arrival on Friday. I told Fritz I've literally played the guitar 15 minutes while I've owned it...I plugged her in for the first time last Thursday to see how the p/ups sounded...I'm disappointed I didn't play her more now....I'm sure if I did I wouldn't have sold her. But Fritz knows what this guitar is and will truely appreciate it for what it is...true craftsmanship and a killer musical weapon.
                            KV_X....how's everything working out for you? Thanks for the kind words [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] this bud's for you!

- Joel

[ February 11, 2003, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Joel Drabicki ]
                            RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                            RIP Dime

Comment

Originally posted by Joel Drabicki:
                              Hey guys,
                              Most of you know I'm not a strat shaped kinda guy..
                              - Joel
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, you look more Les Paul shaped in all the pics I've seen!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X