evh d tuna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evh d tuna

I read somewhere that if you have a recessed Floyd, installing a D tuna may require "modification". Does this mean removing wood from the guitar?

Re: evh d tuna

There's a chance it can work in a recessed floyd pocket. It depends how much clearance there is between the locking screw and the surface of the body.

You will have to block the trem so that it dives only. I use a small block of wood glued in the trem cavity in front of the block. but you can buy a trem stop.

You may want to have a tech look at it to see if you can do it.

hope this helps,
    bob

Comment

Re: evh d tuna

[ QUOTE ]
      There's a chance it can work in a recessed floyd pocket. It depends how much clearance there is between the locking screw and the surface of the body....

[/ QUOTE ]

Though admittedly, the chances of being able to pull up mire than a semitone if that are pretty slim becasue the unit hangs out so far...

[ QUOTE ]
      You will have to block the trem so that it dives only. I use a small block of wood glued in the trem cavity in front of the block. but you can buy a trem stop.

[/ QUOTE ]
      The Hipshot Tremsetter is also widely regarded as an acceptable alternative for people that want the floating trem and the D-tuna [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
      X