Floyd Schaller, which is stronger.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Schaller, which is stronger.

So i think my next logical step is to build a guitar from warmoth. Looking over the site i am trying to decide floyd or schaller. According to them the schaller is warmer, i read previous posts and it seems to be a mixed review.

So knowing I will be using a Mahogany body with NO maple top, i figured if the floyd is a little brighter then who cares. My question is, would the schaller be just as strong as the floyds hardened steel? Basicaly i want it to last as long as it can. Am i making to much of this?

Re: Floyd Schaller, which is stronger.

Go with an OFR. I like my Schallers, but I would rather have an OFR.
    Schallers aren't really "warmer" in tone, they are "darker" in tone. Also I'm noticing more sustain with the OFR on the Halford Warrior than the Schallers on my neck-through NASLs.

The Schallers are good, and the sustain thing isn't THAT drastic, but it's noticeable in a side-by-side comparison (not to mention the NASLs are mahogany, so you've got the softer wood thing there), but any time I have a choice between OFR and Schaller Floyd, I'd definitely take the OFR.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I also like and use both, but prefer the stronger brighter tone of the OFR... more importantly I like the higher responsiveness of the OFR.

Both are good and you can´t really go wrong with either.

Comment

I´ve been using Schallers and OFR´s for years now, and although I can´t say if I like one type over the other I can say that you can´t go wrong with any of them. But just like Newc said, if I was putting together something like that I´d go with an OFR.

Comment

OFR all the way. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Same here. Both are excellent, although I personally prefer the OFR.

Comment

OFR man. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Working...
              X