Wood screws or bushing inserts with Floyd Rose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood screws or bushing inserts with Floyd Rose

Which one is better? I'm thinking about putting together a guitar and would like to know which one is the best? Thanks.

Re: Wood screws or bushing inserts with Floyd Rose

depends. if you want something that's stable, go with bushings/inserts. there are folks who say that the wood screws sound better, and i guess i get that as well.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

^^end of thread [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

The screws will catch the vibes much better. If anyone believes that wood "sings", the last thing you need is more stuff in the way. I am in the process of redoing an "80's, I think Charvel bod with a Chandler neck. 2 1/4 pocket, honest to God Floyd with the screw in posts. It even has the 90 degree black tuners. Save as much wood as you can. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Also depends on the type of wood.
          The screw posts in softer woods, such as basswood have been known to cause the holes to become "oval".
          I believe that's why the sleeve/post design was introduced as a replacement, but I could be wrong.

Comment

This Chandler body of mine had the original woodscrew post holes, but I drilled them, and pressed in a set of bushings, cause I didn't want to have to deal with wobbly posts, due to any slop in the screws and holes. Nothing worse than a sloppy hole! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Also depends on the type of wood.
              The screw posts in softer woods, such as basswood have been known to cause the holes to become "oval".
              I believe that's why the sleeve/post design was introduced as a replacement, but I could be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Becoming Oval is one possible effect... but it wass just as common to see guitars with the floyd torn clear out... and yes, the bushings were introduced to distribute the load and thereby counteract this issue [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't ever want to see another guitar with wood trem posts again! [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] Inserts all the way!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

"wood screws will 'catch the vibe' much better"

Not to bag on you guys, but I have some serious doubts regarding that one. It sounds like something Ed Roman would say. What in this case, would you define as 'the vibe'? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

My KH2 had the screws in it and it didn't seem to be as sturdy as my Jacksons, which has the bushings. They felt loose in the holes. I would imagine had I kept that guitar it would have become worse over time.
                    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Inserts are your best bet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X