who makes a good fixed bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who makes a good fixed bridge?

I'm looking to get a strat type fixed bridge for a project I'm building. I'm looking at some of the various companies and manufacturers trying to decide which one will be best. What do you guys think as far as quality vs. price for a chrome strat-style fixed bridge? Fender, Carvin, Allparts, some cheap shit I can find on ebay......

Re: who makes a good fixed bridge?

Sustain Block like the early '80s Hamers used. I think Greg at BCR music in PA had some new ones made up. Not cheap, but very-very cool.

Comment

Old Charvel or Mighty mite bridges... but as we know they can be a tad pricey...

Comment

Yeah, the gold sustain block bridges are over $200, not sure about the chrome. I was thinking about keeping it under a bill if I could. Although those sustain blocks are damn cool.

Comment

what about StewMac? those guys have everything.
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I've had good luck with the AllParts and Stew-Mac fixed bridges, although I'm using the hum-spaced Tele style. The guitar on the left has the stock Jackson bridge. The guitar on the right had the Jackson bridge replaced with an AllParts gold model, but I accidentally ruined the gold plating while cleaning it (doh!) and replaced it with an identical bridge from Stew-Mac.
            sigpic

Comment

The Carvin fixed bridge was pretty nice on the old DC400 I had.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

How about the Hipshot bridges? Anyone have any experience with them? Or there's the standard strat style bridge from Stewmac.

http://www.stewmac.com

And the Carvin FT6 I'm thinking about:

http://www.carvin.com/products/singl...&CID=GTR/K

If you guys had to choose from those 3, what would it be?

Comment

Come to think of it, are the strat style bridges from Stewmac made by Carvin? I know they sell the Carvin neck thru blanks. Anyone know?

Comment

If you want one that looks like a vintage Charvel fixed bridge and has the 2-1/8" string spacing, saddles and is good quality, check out the Mexi Fender Fixed Bridge. I got one at www.guitarpartsresource.com in gold. Very close to the old Charvels without the thick back edge. It's made by Fender, not aftermarket.
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Come to think of it, are the strat style bridges from Stewmac made by Carvin? I know they sell the Carvin neck thru blanks. Anyone know?

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Not sure, but they look about the same.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I know the strap locks they sell are also carvin made, so I'm betting at least some of their bridges are carvin.

Comment

I went ahead and ordered an FT6 from Carvin. I needed one of their smaller neckplates so I wouldn't have to redrill the neck. So I thought, "what the fuck would it hurt." Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                          X