Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Bodies for Fusion Neck

Hello, this is my first post here,

I've got an early 90's "professional" Fusion that has had its finish stripped and tung'd. I'd really like to get another body, but since fusions have a shorter scale length, I don't know which (if any) aftermarket bodies will work.

Any Ideas?

Thanks, Proby

Re: Aftermarket Bodies for Fusion Neck

The neck heel width will be your concern on an aftermarket body. It needs to have a 2 1/4" pocket. As far as the scale length, a body designed for a 22 fret 25.5" scale neck will work with the Fusion neck (which is shorter).
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

You can contact me for a custom body to fit your neck.

Comment

The safest bet is a Cuatom or Jackson 24 fret body. As long as you get a 24 fret body, the neck will intonate. I've had Fusion necks on Kelly bodies.

The Fusion body is made from Basswood, which isn't too attractive, so I'm not sure why someone would strip and tung oil it. Post a picture of it if you could, I'd like to see it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          The neck heel width will be your concern on an aftermarket body. It needs to have a 2 1/4" pocket. As far as the scale length, a body designed for a 22 fret 25.5" scale neck will work with the Fusion neck (which is shorter).

[/ QUOTE ]

I swear, one day I´m gonna pull the neck off my DK1 and my USA Fusion and find out if this is really true. Or at least MEASURE them, lol [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

As you can see, I´m still a bit skeptical...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I swear, one day I´m gonna pull the neck off my DK1 and my USA Fusion and find out if this is really true. Or at least MEASURE them, lol [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

As you can see, I´m still a bit skeptical...

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Zerberus, DonP is correct. Mine was a mis-type. You have to have a 24 fret body, not a 22. Sorry if I confused anyone.
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys.

Proby

Comment

Working...
              X