Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Pickups... HELP!

Heya Guys,
    I need some help with pickup wiring. I've never ever done this before, and I know not much about it, but I'm pretty sure I'm able to solder well enough. I've got an H/S/H charvel, with a 3 way lever, and two knobs. I want the three way switch to work as a two way (position 2 being empty, as I don't use the single, so, you can pretty much disregard that). I want the first knob (top one) to control the neck volume, and the bottom one to control the bridge volume. The second knob is also a pull-up knob, which I want to coil split the buckers. The two pickups are a DiMarzio Al Dimeola in the neck, and an X2N in the bridge, they both have a black, white, green, and red wire, and a bit of metal coming out as well.

If anyone can tell me, or draw a diagram on how to wire this, I would be most thankful,
    Thanks,
    Jonny

Re: Wiring Pickups... HELP!

Picky aren't we!! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Check www.guitarelectronics.com They have the most comprehensive set of schematics out there. Also you can email or call DiMarzio and Steve Blucker will send you a diagram.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

A H-S-H Charvel? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      What model is that?

Comment

It's a custom shop that was built for Alex Skolnick of Testament.

Comment

Damn, nice guitar! Many of us here can spell out how to wire your guitar up but the link he posted for you will be easier to follow. Good luck man! Damn that guitar is cool.....
          Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

were there not any schematics or diagrams on this site, I am sure I seen them here...I had clicked on a link and don't remember....which topic tho! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

http://www.guitarelectronics.com/cat...ringresources/

Comment

Holy shit I love that guitar! Reminds me a little of the SD Reissues except thats even nicer. Whats the body wood on that? Koa or Mahogany?

As for the wiring. I'd suggest the link above which will probably tell you all you need to know and if it doesn't ask on the Duncan forums. Yea the pups are dimarzio but the Duncan peeps are very helpful about wiring schematics in general.

Comment

Whoa, cool guitar!
                  Btw, I like how the metal pup rings sit on top of the plastic ones. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

How about just flipping past the middle position of the switch so the single doesn't turn on? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And you can put a push/pull in the front volume for pickup selection, as well as one in the back for splitting.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                    X