Intending to build a frankie...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intending to build a frankie...

Yeah, looking into the project alittle more seriously now.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/FRANKENSTRAT-STYLE-B...1QQcmdZViewItem
    What do you guys think?
    Not much of a fan of poplar wood, but the routing job looks dead on.
    I'm in the process of gathering up all the other stuff(red single goil pickup cover, evh 78 model pickup, 3 way switch, white tone knob and etc) for the project. I'm pretty pumped about it.
    Is this seller decent, do you know?
    Reviews/feedbacks almost to good to be true.
    Thought I'd run it by you guys first.
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Re: Intending to build a frankie...

I would shy away from "new" wood. Wood has to age to get the right moisture level and make it stable. I would buy an older body that may need to be redone. And that goes double for the neck. There are too many old bods and necks out there and if you want that '80's sound, buy an '80's bod and neck. That old wood is the best wood. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

The seller is an excellent builder and his stuff is very accurate. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Good luck. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

The thing with me, is IMO the kit is alittle exspensive for what it is. The routing of the pickup cavities are dead on, and I really like that alot. However, that just isn't enough to justify the $350.00 price to me. Besides plywood, poplar is a crappy piece of wood. May be easier on the routing bits but its musical qualities are zero, compared to alder, maple, ash or mahogany. $350.00 plus another $25.00 for shipping that brings it nearly to $400.00 for a kit (neck and body only) and nothing else.
        Provide the body in alder or maple and bring the price down it least $75.00 dollars, I would go for it.
        Heck, throw in the black custom frankie pickguard, tone knob, red single coil pickup cover and the reflectors to help lure and make the buy easier at $350.00. I just can't see $350.00 for a poplar body and a neck.

Then again, in some peoples eyes the price may seem reasonable and I'm the one being unreasonable.

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          WOW, A 2 PIECE ALDER BODY!

[/ QUOTE ]

It is Alder, atleast thats what that auction says!
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

The aution has ended...
            The ebay link, said poplar but once you clicked on it, it came up and said alder. Not really sure as to which it really was.

Comment

Working...
            X