Phantom Power with JMP-1 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phantom Power with JMP-1 ??

Are there any midi pedals that can be phantom powered via the Marshall JMP1 preamp or a TC Electronic G Major?
    I mean besdies the little 4 button Marhsall one or the TC G Minor?
    I have one on the way, and was just curious. My old Intellifex LTD worked great with the ADA stuff - Cable in, cable out..
    I hate having to wire cable bundles of MIDI IN/OUT and power to the pedalboard.

Thanks

Re: Phantom Power with JMP-1 ??

My MP-2 works great with my Digital Music Ground Control. I am not sure if the upgraded version has phantom power, but the older ones do.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

<font color="yellow">I think what you're looking for is a either 6 or 7 pin MIDI cable.

I picked mine up from www.adadepot.com but I hear there are other places to acquire them.

My MP-1 powers my MIDI controller fine with one cord. </font>

Comment

Yep - I have the 7 pin cable... what i am wondering is if the Marshall can power those pins, and if so, which pins (eg #1 or #7)? I need to know if it will match up to other brands of controllers (ie pin # 5 required for power in another piece of gear)
        I can't find a schematic for it...
        Worst case,I may be able to use the G major, since I can get a schematic for that

Comment

I think that a 7-pin phantom power cable is pretty standard in regards to usage. You'd just have to look to see if your Marshall has a 7 pin inlet.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Cool - Thanks.
            Funny - my ADA MP1 worked fine, the intellifex worked fine, but my ENGL does not power a board from another manufacturer (though i can phantom power the ENGL footswitch. Just hoping that I can streamline the set-up with this rig [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

From what I recall when I used one 8 years back (!), the JMP-1 did not provide phantom power. It's been a while so I could be wrong.

Rocktron sells a special "5 to 7 pin" MIDI cable that has a power supply attachment for phantom power even if your rack devices don't provide it.

Comment

The JMP-1 does not provide or have the jacks for providing phantom power.

Bert has it nailed with the cable that has a power supply attachment plug on it so source coming from a preamp is not needed. You just plug a power supply mounted in the rack to the plug on the end of the midi cable and it provides the power to the pedal.

Comment

Wayne, when you find that midi cable that has the power attachement built into it let me know where you got it. I need a 30' myself.

Comment

Working...
                  X