help finding a 2 point strat bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help finding a 2 point strat bridge

I got a Strat body on trade and I'm wanting to build it up as a project mutt. It's drilled for a 2 point trem. Most of the 2 point Strat trems I'm finding online are spaced approximately 51-52mm from center pivot to center pivot. This body is measuring about 2-7/16" or about 61-62mm from pivot hole to pivot hole. I can't seem to find any bridges with this measurement. Any ideas? I was told it was an import Strat body, it's routed for h/s/h, if that helps at all.

Re: help finding a 2 point strat bridge

Sounds like it might be setup for a Wilkinson... they have some different spacing though.
    VS-50 has a 54mm spacing
    T-01 has a 56mm spacing
    There's another Wilkinson that has a 57mm spacing, but i can't remember the model number.
    -Rick

Comment

See, when I measure the holes, it's right at 61-62mm. I wouldn't think that a 6mm difference in the spacing would be compatible.

Comment

plug and redrill?
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

+1 Just plug it and start over.
          I did some searching and I can't find any two point with a spacing like that.
          Maybe the driller tried to eyeball it [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
          -Rick

Comment

I'm thinking I'm going to have to fill and drill. I posted a topic over at the Fender forum to see if anyone knows anything about that spacing.

Comment

Working...
            X