How to do a handpainted design...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to do a handpainted design...

I've affectionately named my black Vandy Anubis. I thought it would be cool to have a friend paint an Anubis graphic on there for me. I'd like to be able to pull off a really nice job on this, hopefully make it look like a factory did it. Any suggestions would be great.

Re: How to do a handpainted design...

what method is being used to paint it?
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Hand, dumbass, can't you read? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

well, i didn't think he was gonna paint it with his dick! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Airbrush=AutoAirColors (water base) over a polyurethane base primer. (Many, Many colors are available) Clearcoat with a 2 part clear.

P.S. Change your avatar, it makes me dizzy everytime I see it!
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Maybe he'll use a fine pubic hair brush. Newc, That was Really Funny. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry, couldn't pass that one up [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  P.S. Change your avatar, it makes me dizzy everytime I see it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so sure I can do that man. I can't stop laughing at that goddamn thing, it just never gets old. Maybe it's because it reminds me of my little brother that's not much smaller than that! He's a funny little shithead too, I might also add.

[ QUOTE ]
                  well, i didn't think he was gonna paint it with his dick!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it was a thought, but you know, I wanted this one to look nice. We'll see about it on another project though. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I don't believe my friend has ever done airbrushing before. She mostly does sketches and colors with markers. The work she does is fucking amazing. How big of a change would it be to go from drawing with a pencil to airbrushing?

Comment

Let's see some of her work.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Have to give me a couple days on that one, will do ASAP.

Is there any way of doing this without using an airbrush system? I'd hate to go out and buy a setup and use it only a couple of times. I'm the worst packrat, I don't think I'd ever put it up on Ebay. I'd think I'd need it someday and it'll be with me until I rot.

Comment

not if you want it to look factory.
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Given the design that you are using it could be done with stencils and masking, but you will need some way to apply the paint. If not an airbrush you will need a touch up spray gun in the least. Or you can go ultra cheap and rattle can it, but the outcome will probably not look pro.

Comment

Working...
                          X