DK2 Neck on a WRXT body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2 Neck on a WRXT body?

Hi, does anyone know if a neck from a DK2 would fit a WRXT body?
    thanks

Re: DK2 Neck on a WRXT body?

It should fit with no problem,but if it don't I'll buy the neck from you.

Comment

Hey, Priz. What happened to the neck you bought for this body?
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

Well, the other neck is really great, but it isn't a real Jackson. I want a real Jackson neck for the warrior, and i found a really nice one right now, and am pretty sure i will buy it.

I will probably try to sell the other neck, so if anyone is interested, just let me know.

The neck is in the same condition i bought from ebay. Remember i started sanding down the heel at first? Well i really didn't change anything because i was waiting for my dad to get a chance to buy some more sandpaper and to help me out, but he never had the time to help me sand it down to a curved heel, so i switched to working on the warrior body, and fixing the dents and stuff on it.

I can post some more pics of all the stuff i did. All the dents are bondoed, and i covered the body with primer, sanded it, so i will be painting it soon, as soon as the book on painting gutiars arrives.

Btw, i'm still looking for a Edge, Edge pro, Edge pro II, or Lo-pro

Also, how is your chandler soloist project going? Any pics?

thanks

Comment

LOL. Well, you seem to be coming along faster on your project than me. I've got a family, so time has REALLY been at a premium.
          Like you, I've been fixing up dings and whatnot, however, MY guitar body is down to bare wood, so I've been steaming out a dent or two, here and there, aquiring parts, and jst earlier tonight, I finally got around to drilling out the original floyd woodscrew-type postholes to the bushing type, and got the bushings pressed in. Only prob was that I was starting the second one, by tapping it in, with a wood block and hammer (no press available), and the bushing jumped after the first tap, off-center, AND since the wood block was obscuring the work, I kinda put a small ding, just in front of the hole.......DOH! Again, I think I can steam it back out, though. I went with a Mighty Mite, black, licensed Floyd. The Chandler body is a top-load, no route, body. After pressing in the bushings, and mounting up the junk neck, to mock things up, I'm wondering if I might have to route underneath the trem at least a little. The underworkings might be a bit too close, and ding the body, on the slightest pullup. Then again, I'm not against blocking the trem, anyway, for dive only. At least I'd be able to detune the E to D, easily, for any impromptu renditions of "Unchained". Hehe.
          got a thing of Evercoat, for the neck-pocket mod, and general filling and finessing. Just waiting for the weather to break, so I have something other than FREEZING to work in! Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch (that's my teeth!) If I don't get a break, soon, I'm saying F#$% it, and turning on the garages space heater!
          Unfortunately, the neck I'm scoping out will be a strat-type. I'm looking to do more of a Strathead project. Still not quite sure what the paint scheme will be. I wanted a nice base/clear snow-white job, but I also don't want to worry so much about yellowing, down the line, either, so I'm trying to research my alternatives. Wondering if I can get a nice durable finish, in white base, only, so if anybody can shed some light on this topics, I'd be greatful.
          I'm not Ron!

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...&page=0#527358

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...&page=0#529386
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Sorry, Newc. Not quite the topic I was referring to. I was referring to clearcoats and yellowing. I know about the neck/body mating issue, and have, in fact already read up on those links, but thanks for the effort.
              I'm not Ron!

Comment

Sorry, meant to quote the opening post before pasting those in [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm sure there's a paint topic around here.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks for the links!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Sorry, meant to quote the opening post before pasting those in [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm sure there's a paint topic around here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah...okay, now that makes sense.
                    I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
                    X