Star Body but which neck??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Body but which neck??

I have a question,which neck would you put on this body,a Model 7 neck or a Model 4 with sharkies?

Re: Star Body but which neck??

My Model neck has dots

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Here's mine with a Model 4 w/sharks. Lousy pics but you can get an idea of what it looks like.

Comment

Now you can compare!

Comment

Model 7 neck w/maple fingerboard and reverse headstock, right? I'd say that would look great with the graphic your star body has.

Comment

You guys both have some fine stars there.I don't know what to do ,I'm selling the guitar that has the model 7 neck but I may have to keep it,and I also like the way plon star looks with the sharkies ,I guess I'll have to flip a coin. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm voting for sharkies! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah I'm kinda leaning that way.I like the way Plon's star looks, also since my Model 4 is already taken apart.Then I'll have a model 4 body for sale or I can put the model 7 neck on the Model 4 and I'll call it the Model 74 or 47 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

In my opinion, sharkies would go well with the shattered glass graphic.
                  Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Im gonna say model 7 neck

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      You guys both have some fine stars there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, dude! Actually, this is a small world, because both my Star and yours are:

1. San Dimases that
                      2. have passed through Newc's sinister hands. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                      and
                      3. Both eventually had Charvel Model series necks fitted.

Comment

I put a Danelectro neck on my Star and gave it an EVH paintjob. It required some "fitting", but it turned out great!

It's featured on my website, but unfortunately I'm not allowed to post the link. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I'll try to post some pics a little later. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I do have a Warmoth Fathead Strathead neck..... just sayin, is all [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

As promised ...

The neck is 24-3/4 scale and the body was 25-1/2 scale.
                            It took some routing and re-shaping, but the guitar plays great, the intonation is dead on, and I have no tuning issues whatsoever.

Just FYI, I'm not a big fan of Danelectro necks, but I wanted to stay true to the replica I was building. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks for looking. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Awesome star!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X