argh! i killed my warrior!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• argh! i killed my warrior!

all i did was take it off the stand and smack! - straight into my shitty computer chair. it's chipped. fuck shit bastard arrrrrrggghhggggrrroooooaaaarrrrrrrr!!!!!! i can still see the grey undercoat as such. i read elsewhere that chips can "spread" [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] i'm only due to pick up my warrior case tommorow [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]. ok, what kind of repair am i looking at? idea as to what i should pay for a repair, bearing in mind i live in the uk (east midlands)?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Re: argh! i killed my warrior!

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...&page=0#481984

Comment

any idea as to what the cost would be to have a shop do it?
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

You pick a name like unlucky and then wonder why this happens... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
        Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

If the chip isn't structural then DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT. If its a collector piece that you don't intend on playing then bring it to the best luthier you can find. If its a guitar that you will be playing then get used to it.

Comment

Chips!!! Ahoy!!!!. It's just like the first ding in a new car. Hurts you more that the car or 'tar. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              You pick a name like unlucky and then wonder why this happens...

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

joe...
              www.godwentpunk.com
              www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                If the chip isn't structural then DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT. If its a collector piece that you don't intend on playing then bring it to the best luthier you can find. If its a guitar that you will be playing then get used to it.

[/ QUOTE ] I agree with John on this.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Congrats. It's been thoroughly christened. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I'm not Ron!

Comment

just emailed two companies for quotes. minmum £195 for a refinish. both are friggin miles away.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

They are gonna happen one way or the other. I'd just take a deep breath, pick the guitar up again, and play the shit out of it! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

And the relicing begins!!!
                        Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          just emailed two companies for quotes. minmum £195 for a refinish. both are friggin miles away.

[/ QUOTE ] That's like $300US. Just don't look at it. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont agree with this... it doesent have to be a $2000 guitar to keep it nice. Some people, like me, just like their stuff to be in very nice condition, regardless of the value of it.
                            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I don't think that unlucky has shared the value of his warrior with us. The thing is sometimes accidents happen, and when they do you can either shell out big bucks to get them fixed or just let them go. Chips just happen to be more prevalent on pointy guitars since they have objects that protrude and overall are less compact guitars.

Comment

Working...
                              X