Jackson PC board question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson PC board question

I just got a je1200 from a member here. Got it working except for the fact that Im a lefty and the volume pot was backwards. From an other jackson i own with a je1200 installed, i determined that the pot had to be attached to the board from the back side. So i unsoldered the connection pins at the board level and was able to move the pot to the back side. However now i get no volume from the board at all [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] When unsoldering the pot from the board, is it possible that I might have overheated/melted something within the PC board? If I put the pot back to its original position it still does not work? I,m going to check all of my connections but I thought I would just throw out this question to you all.

thanks [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Re: Jackson PC board question

As a follow up:

I can wiggle the pot while in the PC board--just dry mounted. When doing so, I either get a dead signal or a very LOUD hum--not the kind of grounding kind of hum.

I've been playing with this thing for hours, just moving/shaking wires to look for some time of loose connection with no luck.

HELP!!!!!!!

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

<font color="aqua">Joe, it sounds to me like when you soldered and resoldered, you may have had the solder "bleed" over to one of the paths next to it and have possibly created a short. I have also had this problem when changing a volume pot and it's a pain to try and get the solder cleaned back off properly. Check and make sure to see that the paths are clean to each contact. </font>
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Dave, I know the contacts next to the pOt are ok. There is one other place I did some work with just prior. I'll cheCK that one out.

thanks,

joe...
        www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

If you're parents hadn't put your toys on the wrong side of the crib this never would've been a problem...

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

Working...
            X