Crazy neck tremelo on KVX10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy neck tremelo on KVX10

I recently got a Indian KVX10 for super cheap and I havnt had chance to restring it yet but what I have noticed is that the strings are tiny tiny thin (which may affect the following) and Ive also noticed I get a lot of tremelo from moving the neck and it buzzes all over the place. Ive tightened the neck screws to no avail. I mean Im wanting a neck with binding on it so its not a huge issue, but Id rather figure out what was wrong with it now than later. Would heavier (as in not .008s) guage string sort this out? Truss rod adjustment? What?!?!?

James

Re: Crazy neck tremelo on KVX10

What I mean is Ill be swapping necks out as some point. But Id rather find out now that I need to do something big than when Im mid project.

James

Comment

SOMEONE PLEASE ADVISE

Comment

You probably have some back-bow that is giving you that buzz everywhere.

Lots of necks do the "tremelo" thing too. It is just a piece of wood, after all. And any pressure will make it bend. Fix the buzz and you'll have a good guitar.

Just to be safe, check the neck and neck pocket for cracks.

Comment

Aye the neck pockets fine. Its just this thing is extremely unstable seeming. Ill get some decent strings on it this week, will hopefully solve it.
          Thanks

James

Comment

Working...
          X