No announcement yet.

buzzing from one string??? has floyd..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buzzing from one string??? has floyd..

ok for some reason my g string on my guitar gets a buzzing when it a open note or even fretted note its not hitting any frets, all the other strings are ok with no noise.. if i push down on the floyed just a tade bit the buzzing goes away.. any ideas what is causing this, i have tried everything, tried blocking the floyd unblocking the trem is all level , its a floating floyd... on my jackson dk2..

i am so clueless and losing my mind with this dang thing, getting ready to let a tech mess with is...

thanks monster

Re: buzzing from one string??? has floyd..

Could be unlevel frets or simply the action is to low on the low E side. when you press the bar the action raises, so if the buzzing stops when you barely press the bar, raise that side a little or have a tech check the frets.

If you're not the tech type, take it to a qualified tech. You may be surprised at what a pro setup can do for the guitar.
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      ok for some reason my g string on my guitar gets a buzzing when it a open note or even fretted note its not hitting any frets, all the other strings are ok with no noise.. if i push down on the floyed just a tade bit the buzzing goes away.. any ideas what is causing this, i have tried everything, tried blocking the floyd unblocking the trem is all level , its a floating floyd... on my jackson dk2..

i am so clueless and losing my mind with this dang thing, getting ready to let a tech mess with is...

thanks monster

[/ QUOTE ]

you sir, most likely have a cracked string block. no big deal, and easy to swap out.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Really? If the string block was cracked wouldn't it still buzz when the bar is slightly pressed?

He could just remove that block and see if still buzzes, right?

Comment

i had a situation like that once on a G string. if i'd rest my hand on the saddles a bit more, the buzzing would decrease. when he says pushes on the floyd, i took that as resting the hand a bit more on the floyd, not necessarily depressing the bar. of course, i may have misunderstood.

if it's just the one string buzzing all the way up the neck, it's unlikely that you've got a fret problem; high or low frets will often impact more than one string and aren't usually all the way up the neck.

the things that make me believe it's related to the string block is my similar experience along with the buzzing going away when the floyd is focused on; either releasing the tension by diving, or resting the hand a bit more on the saddle itself. it's also only impacting the one string.

the blocks will crack if they're clamped too tight over time. it can be kinda hard to tell if you've got it clamped tight enough; too little and the string flies out, too much, and it's too much for the block to take, and eventually, it'll crack.

this is also really retarded sounding, but if you've got metal cavity covers, make sure that the screws are tightened enough; i had some loose screws on a cover and certain notes would cause this crazy buzz. once i tightened everything up it went away.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Interesting. Thanks for the tip. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I actually misread what you said about the string block. I was thinking of the string lock at the nut. Duh!

Comment

ok well it was the string block, i took it out then put it back in and all works fine now with no buzz... thanks all for the tips ahelp i love this forum so quick to to help and friendly...

Comment

Working...
              X