How do I find out if USA or Japan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I find out if USA or Japan?

Hello, just put money down on a Charvel today. It is a Soloist style Charvel. Metallic blue finish, neck-thru-body, SSH Jackson pickups, 3 on/off toggle switches for pickup selection, 3 knobs, USA Kahler Pro trem, black hardware, 24 fret (forgot if it's ebony or rosewood) fretboard with MOP triangle inlays, and lastly the serial number is stamped just below the 24th fret and starts with C0xxxx. Logo is Charvel by Jackson/Charvel. Looks to be about 10 years old or so. Any idea on the actual model name? Thanks.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Re: How do I find out if USA or Japan?

That's actually a Charvel Model 6 and it is made in Japan. It's an excellent guitar and was made in either 1986 or 87.
    It's also rosewood(fretboard) by the way.

Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

One of the easiest ways to tell is the logo.

If it's the guitar logo with the 6 on a side headstock or a script Charvel logo, that's definitely an import. (Japan) If it is the 3x3 guitar logo, the USAs will say "Made in USA". If it doesn't say, then it's an import.

Then look at the 12th fret dots, if they're close together, then it's Japan, if they're far apart, then it's Korea or China.

(I hope that's full on accurate... Keep me honest guys.)
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Yup.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Except for the China part. No Jacksons have been made in China. India was what you wanted.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Correct, Jacksons weren't made in China, but some Charvels were.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
            X