Question about pickup SIZES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about pickup SIZES

What model pickups can I look at that are PASSIVE that will retrofit the stacked mini hums in my model 6?

I don't want t5o route away at the guitar to fit in a standard single coil, and I would consider other single sized hums, but I just want zero guitar mods.

I stil lwant this thign to be as original as possible while fulfilling my needs too.

Re: Question about pickup SIZES

Any Duncan Stack, Rails, or Lil´ series humbucker type that was made after August of last year. Duncan Quarterpounders will also fit

Any single coil with a Lip can be made to fit if you carefully file the lip off.

Comment

The new Duncan singles have this design:

No more lip, but the lead comes out in the middle of the pickup. It's pretty stiff & you can't just bend it over flat right against the pickup to fit it in. I found that I still needed to modify the rout slightly to fit the Hot Rails in my Model 6, but not nearly as much as it would've needed if the pickup had the lip. I took a Dremel tool & undercut the rout slightly from about 1/4" below the surface to the depth of the rout to create a little space for the wire to bend without being damaged. The pickup rocks into place and you can't tell that any mod was done to the guitar at all.

Comment

alright.. i REALLY want to avoid ANY mods to the guitar because i just love it, but i may consider that as a hot rails in the neck would be badass. t6hanks for the replies guys.

Comment

Working...
        X