Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how are you guys liking the duncan EVH in the 25th anni?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how are you guys liking the duncan EVH in the 25th anni?

I like it a whole lot. It sounds like a souped up 59 to me. I play it thru a Splawn modded Marshall, so I get a great brown sound to start with. The pickup is very articulate, no muddiness at all. I thought the JB was an okay pickup until I heard this one.

how are you guys liking the duncan EVH in the 25th anni?

?? how is that pup? old VHish? they say it is a copy of what he used in 1978-80?

Comment

Re: how are you guys liking the duncan EVH in the 25th anni?

Can anyone buy that pup?
      Whats the model named?
      Only Zebra?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer:
        Can anyone buy that pup?
        Whats the model named?
        Only Zebra?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">here ya go [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

What is the EVH Model?
        Technically speaking, there is no "EVH" pickup. There is, however, a new custom shop pickup called the "Evenly Voiced Harmonics" model, which some people abbreviate as "EVH," for short. The Evenly Voiced Harmonics Model pickup is a faithful recreation of the legendary low-output, Alnico 2, P.A.F.-style humbucker that Seymour designed in 1978 for various high-profile artists he was working with at the time. This pickup should not be associated with any specific artist. More and more, people are calling the Evenly Voiced Harmonics Model the "'78 Model." Same pickup. The traditional Evenly Voiced Harmonics model comes with single conductor braided shield cable and a bottom plate with long mounting legs. However, since it’s built-to-order, it can also be ordered in Trembucker spacing with four conductor cable and short legs. Either way, it’s available with double-black, white or zebra (black and cream) bobbins. The D.C. Resistance is 8.75k.
        The price is $160 direct from the Custom Shop 805-964-9610, 8am-5pm (Pacific) Monday - Friday

Comment

I like the pickup [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] , like above it's not muddy like the jb can get. I may even buy one for a project guitar.

Comment

This pickup should not be associated with any specific artist.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It cracks me up that SD says this on their website. Of course when someone mentions it as the "EVH" or "78 model", this doesn't instantly conjur up the image of a smirked guitar slinger playin his white and black striped, or red/white/black striped Fender-copy strat, now does it! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I've always wanted to try one of those! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Duncan can also make you a double creme version of any of their pups in their shop, but they have to put covers on them. All you have to do is pull the cover off. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:

Duncan can also make you a double creme version of any of their pups in their shop, but they have to put covers on them. All you have to do is pull the cover off. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It is a great sounding pickup! All the clips in my sig were recorded with it. Check 'em out...

Steve
                Henning Amplification Website - http://www.henningamps.com
                My Music Page (Mojave PeaceMaker, Axe-FX, Mesa MKIV and PODXT Pro Clips)

Comment

Originally posted by sah5150:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by toejam:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It is a great sounding pickup! All the clips in my sig were recorded with it. Check 'em out...

Steve
                  </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Very nice!! Total "brown" sound. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

All you have to do is pull the cover off. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow..., that's cool. I didn't know that.

Steve

Comment

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by sah5150:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by toejam:

Steve
                      </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Very nice!! Total "brown" sound. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                      </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Glad ya liked 'em!

Steve

Comment

I belive that color is trademarked by Dimarzio.
                        "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Yeah, DiMarzio's got some trademark or patent thing on them. Carvin can do it, though, but I guess it's because they have extra pole pieces that they can. I think I've got an article somewhere, let me see if I can find it.

Comment

Which SH-## is the EVH pickup?

Comment

The story I always heard was that the Seymour Duncan Custom Custom is a replica of the pickup Eddie used back in the day, and that it was supposed to in fact be his signature pickup, but the deal fell through before it went to market, so SD just released it as a regular model.

My question, then, is how does the Custom Custom compare to the EVH, soundwise? Anyone know?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X