I screwed up....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I screwed up....

I posted in a previous thread that I was getting the USA Traditional San Dimas. It turns out that they are only available as a Custom Shop item. The dealer that I went through wasn't particularly aware of the distinction either. It is basically a miscommunication. As much as I would love to have the tele, I figured that I would just stick with what I ordered. So at this time I'll actually be getting a USA Standard San Dimas with a Floyd Rose tremolo, maple fretboard, and hopefully a Duncan Distortion pickup.

Sorry... I goofed.
    Occupy JCF

Re: I screwed up....

A little off the subject but any updates on the GOTM? Have you swapped pickups yet? How does it feel compared to the old charvels?

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
      I posted in a previous thread that I was getting the USA Traditional San Dimas. It turns out that they are only available as a Custom Shop item. The dealer that I went through wasn't particularly aware of the distinction either. It is basically a miscommunication. As much as I would love to have the tele, I figured that I would just stick with what I ordered. So at this time I'll actually be getting a USA Standard San Dimas with a Floyd Rose tremolo, maple fretboard, and hopefully a Duncan Distortion pickup.

Sorry... I goofed.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's ok you goofed. I do it all the time.
      What you are getting sounds awesome though.
      What colour?
      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I have been really busy with other stuff and have barely played "Skully" let alone did any work on her. I mentioned in another thread that the work on the MoAIP is back on, so I've been working on that as well as a couple of personal issues. But I'll let you know as soon as I get it replaced...

The color I'm getting is Ferrari Red. I'm also getting it with a maple fretboard. It's gonna look sweet as hell!!!
        Occupy JCF

Comment

So, how would you like your crow? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Medium... With lots of katsup.

LOL
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Seriously, Tekky...

If you haven't already considered this, take a look at the pricing for a custom shop Charvel vs. the USA Standard price. (Hint: starting price for a custom bolt-on Charvel is less than last year. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

Assuming your original order would've required the PU upgrade option for the Distortion, the jump up to a Floyd'd custom shop Tele isn't too huge. In the range of maybe a couple hundred bucks, depending on your dealer's discount off list? Just gotta decide if the tele body style is worth that much to you.

(...I looked at this difference previously for my own order.)

Comment

I'll stick with what was ordered. Hopefully it'll bring back the model 2. (with a maple fretboard) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                X