Pre-pro Explorer update...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-pro Explorer update...

For those who are interested in the checkered explorer I've been working on, I got probably the sweetest looking Charvel Strathead neck on it today thanks to Monte. Fits nicely and looks incredible. I put some repro strap buttons on and strung her back up. This neck really makes the guitar! Monte had some black Schaller tuners on the neck and they work well with the black bound body. I planned on putting a set of crownheads (chrome) on but I'd have to drill new holes in the neck and the neck is SOOOO noce, I can't bring myself to take a drill to it. I'll snap some pics later and post them. It plays and sounds really nice now. It has a black Dimarzio Distorion or Super Dist pup in it with a creme frame. I may swap the black pup out for a creme Dimarzio but that would be yet another thing not original. Anyway, let me know what you think of the guitar after I get the pics up.
    Tom

Re: Pre-pro Explorer update...

This is too wierd. I was just going to pull up your old thread and ask if you'd gotten a neck yet and here was my answer. Looking foward to seeing it.........Gary

Comment

please hurry with the pics, I need it!

Comment

t-bAg,

Get those pix up!! Your drummer needs an Explorer fix!!! If that bad mutha is ready to crank , you have to bring it to rehearsal Sunday. That way I'll have something bitchin' to look at while you school our crappy bass player...... again........

Comment

This thread is useless without pics. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Sorry, I was beat last night and fell asleep. Now I'm at school and won't be home for a few hours. I'll get them up as soon as I can. Don't have to get testy about it...

Comment

you are a tease and possibly a tramp!

Comment

Why yes I am [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

My wife calls me that quite often.
                I'll have the pics up by about 4 central time.

In the meantime, I've got some tricks to turn here on campus...

Comment

Lol, you said "testy"!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Without further adieu.... here it is.
                    As I mentioned, I may swap out the black Dimarzio for a creme one. Let me know what your opinions are on that. Also let me know opins on the black tuners. This guitar may not be for everyone, but I'm really happy with how it turned out. The finish is in excellent shape for a 22-23 year old Charvel although it has a couple of nicks that give it a bit o' class, IMO. Has a great acoustic sound and the neck I got from Monte is badass. Thanks to Tim, Lance, Monte, Mark, Skin, and Josh for either parts or advice. If I forgot to name anyone, I apologize.
                    Tom

Comment

That's awesome!!Great job on the restoration Tom!!Very,very cool!!So,have you taken it to Pizza Hut yet??LOL!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter

Comment

Working...
                      X