No announcement yet.

SD custom or invader for agathis body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD custom or invader for agathis body?

I have this cheap ass guitar wich is made of agathis, it sounds very thin. I want to put a really fat sounding humbucker into it. SD Custom and Invader both sound very fat, I like Custom more but it is a lower output pickup (than Invader) wich is great if you have a great guitar and the pickup can deliver the nice wood "character" to amp but agathis is anything but great so Invader wich is a very high output pickup picks up more strings and less wood. And I don't want active pickups.

What do you think?
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Re: SD custom or invader for agathis body?

Invader. The Custom is more transparent, so while it's possible that it would sound great in agathis, the Invader is probably the "sure thing" in this case.

Then again, a lot of people claim that basswood sounds bad. I took a Screamin' Demon (which I didn't particularly like) and put it in a basswood Dinky, and the two together sounded amazing.
    sigpic

Comment

Re: SD custom or invader for agathis body?

Not even a question. Go with the Invader.

Comment

Working...
      X