New Charvels - Who's Getting One?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Charvels - Who's Getting One?

I am VERY interested in the new lines (particularily the star). I too am waiting for more info on availability cause i'd really like to play one before dropping the coin on one.

Re: New Charvels - Who\'s Getting One?

Me too. I want to try one before I buy.

Comment

If you guys are waiting to try one in person to make sure it's true to the originals, I was originally thinking the same.

Then I asked and was told - directly by J/C - that they're copying the neck from an old SD pointyhead owned by one of the guys in the custom shop. And the pointyhead necks will definitely be the standard 1 & 11/16ths. Not 1 & 3/4.

...Only speaking to the pointyheads, mind you. Don't know about the stratheads.

Comment

I must say the red two hum pointy on the DCGL site really speaks to me. I've always been more interested in the more basic Charvies and never got into the graphics and stars all that much. It seems I get tired of the graphics way sooner than solid color guitars and sell them sooner.

Comment

I'll be ordering my Ferarri Red San Dimas Traditional with a maple board in the next couple of days... (actaully maybe even hours)
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
            I must say the red two hum pointy on the DCGL site really speaks to me.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, Chuck. That one was my favorite at NAMM. I have a SD Soloist in that same color, and it'd be cool to give her a Charvel sister.

I was very tempted to pick it up, but wanted to wait and see about the neck width thing. That wouldn't have stopped me from buying one. But, then again, I didn't want pick up one of the NAMM 1 & 3/4 pre-pros ( [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) when I could wait and get an 11/16ths.

Comment

Just got a Tobacco Sunburst Model A. This is one of the best guitars I've ever played. I have about 25 and this is my new fav ! I can't put it down ! The Live Wire pickups ROCK !!! Lower the volume and they still cut you up. Unreal ! The best axe I've bought in a long time. Get one, that's my recommendation !!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

New Charvels - Who\'s Getting One?

There seem to have been a few different threads lately with folks interested in and/or ordering one of the new Charvels. Both the Retros (stratheads) and USA Standards (pointies).

This has got me wondering what kind of response J/C is getting to the re-introduction of the USA Charvel line. (...Which, BTW, I'm thinking would be stronger if they actually announced it with product spec info. on the website and a new catalog. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

So. ...Who's getting one? If so, what?

I'll start: yes, me. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I was wanting a USA Standard pointyhead, but ended up going the custom order route for an option I couldn't otherwise get.

Comment

I was all set to order a new USA standard from Matt's Music, and then the transmission went out on my car.

And then add to that wanting to get in on the special import Jackson in the other thread. But I'm still planning on getting one, but it will probably be summer before I can now (depending on when Big Red is finished, too).

Comment

Working...
                  X