quick question about my floyd...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick question about my floyd...

ok well today i changed the strings from 10's to 9's, i got it all in tune and set the intonation all perfect also.. well after i got the all set up floyd works perfect stays in tune, i noticed the bridge on the high e side sits a tiny bit lower then the low e side not much but just a tide bit, will the be ok its not effecting play or tuning, so can i leave it like that or should i raise that side just a bit????

thanks hope i made sense...lol

also a quick way to change strings is to block the floyed on the spring side just before string change then after i have them all changed i remove the block... makes changing strings a breeze.. and not much fussing with the springs afterwards...

Re: quick question about my floyd...

Absolutely normal and actually usually necessary for correct action... your guitar is healthy.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Absolutely normal and actually usually necessary for correct action... your guitar is healthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok perfect thanks alot makes me feel better. i was worried for a few. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] floyds are not that bad to set up and change strings... like alot of folks say... took me 15 mins or so..

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        ... your guitar is healthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Paging Dr. Zerb your needed at the bench for an emergency pickup transplant LOL.

-Mike
        www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

I'm sorry. Dr Zerb is currently attending to a couple of nurses in the doctor's staff room. Stat.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The bridge is normally slightly lower on the high E side due to the thickness of the strings on that side compared with the low E side. If it plays Ok though you should just leave it

Comment

Good idea on blockin it. I use a block eraser under the base plate - works good too.

Comment

Working...
                X