Clear All

• new floyd w/ brass block

weeeeeee

http://www.axcessories.com/proddetai...prod=axfrpingc

Re: new floyd w/ brass block

Wow, good price too!

Comment

<font color="aqua">wait a minute, aren't all floyd blocks brass but nickel/chrome plated? I know for a fact that I have modified these in the past and they were both brass. I think this is just a gimmick here to push the cheaper "ping" floyd trems. </font>
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        <font color="aqua">wait a minute, aren't all floyd blocks brass but nickel/chrome plated? I know for a fact that I have modified these in the past and they were both brass. I think this is just a gimmick here to push the cheaper "ping" floyd trems. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
        +1. The OFR and Schaller blocks seem to be nickel plated brass.

Comment

i had no idea...foiled again!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Give this man the "Sees through BS award" for this week [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Just to make sure I took a corner off one of my Schaller blocks in a beater... It´s most definitely brass.

All this is is someone trying to make people think the Ping is superior to the original. The ping is admittedly damn good for a copy, but it´s no original.

That said the Ping is also MIChina from my understanding... says nothing about the quality, but is an automatic strike out for me [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I thought the blocks were steel.

Comment

I never had an OFR with a brass block unless it was chromed over so it doesn't look like brass.

Performance guitars used to sell brass blocks to replace on OFR's
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

I thought OFR blocks have always been hardened steel? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I thought OFR blocks have always been hardened steel? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">the base plates are hardened, not the sustain block and yes, they're plated so you'd have to take a file to it to prove it as zerbs did. </font>
                    Dave ->

Comment

No offense to Zerbs, but he looked at the block on a Schaller Floyd. Might not be the same as on an OFR.

(...Yeah, yeah - I know Schaller makes 'em both, and the Schaller is damn close to the OFR. But the block material might be different between the two versions. That's all I mean.)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        That said the Ping is also MIChina from my understanding... says nothing about the quality, but is an automatic strike out for me [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Ping was always cheaper quality, but maybe they're better quality these days. Still, I'd rather just have the OFR.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          No offense to Zerbs, but he looked at the block on a Schaller Floyd. Might not be the same as on an OFR.

(...Yeah, yeah - I know Schaller makes 'em both, and the Schaller is damn close to the OFR. But the block material might be different between the two versions. That's all I mean.)

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">look, I'm not making it up, my friend........I have yet to have a steel block from a floyd rose. </font>
                          Dave ->

Comment

No offense meant, budman. Nor to Zerbs. I don't think you're just making it up. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I just meant that - as we've often seen on such issues re: parts - sometimes we assume something to be true, but it isn't. And sometimes, something which used to be true was changed by the manufacturer somewhere along the line, and now it's different. That's all.

Comment

<font color="aqua">agreed, I think we've both been around these things long enough to where nothing is standard, right? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
                              Dave ->

Comment

Working...
                              X