Duncan Livewire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan Livewire?

What do you guys think about the Duncan Live Wire Metal active pickups? anyone have an experience with them?

I am looking for really good thrash/death/black metal distortion, not worried too much about clean.

Would you suggest them over the EMG 85's?

Also, how long do the batteries last on them, anyone know?

thanks!

Re: Duncan Livewire?

they say 3000 for one pickup, it goes down active item added, but i never used duncan live wire. love my 85 tho. bassy, scooped mid sound
    1986 Model 5 with Kahler
    RH100 Randall head
    4x12 cabinet with Eminence Blue Tick Hound speakers

Comment

3000 hours, my bad
      1986 Model 5 with Kahler
      RH100 Randall head
      4x12 cabinet with Eminence Blue Tick Hound speakers

Comment

I had one in a parts rig for a while and they are HOT! Be careful when using with a high-gain head...could be overkill. Oh, And batteries are cheap. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I had a set of livewires for a few years, I think it was a more vintage set. They're pretty comparable to emg's I think, the batteries last a LONG time as long as you don't leave it plugged in.

Comment

Thanks!
            But would it work if i wanted to put in a Livewire Metal into bridge, and a passive pickup such as an Invader into neck?

And so the livewires require stereo jacks?

Comment

Yeah, just like an emg the livewires use the stereo jack to activate the batteries. I don't know if you could use a passive pup for the neck.

Comment

I'm not sure about these, but i heard somewhere that you could have an i.e. an active EMG in bridge, and passive in the neck. but i don't know...

If i was going to put the metal livewires and the bridge and neck, would it still be just 2 batteries? or would i need 4?

thanks

Comment

just 2, I have a set in a KV2 and even though I am a Seymour Duncan Dealer, i will say that the EMG is a supperior active...now the Dave Mustaine Live Wires are going to be a much better pickup than the old Livewires, but I havent gotten mine in
                  Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Oh, which EMG do you think is best?

Comment

I should also add that its going into an Alder body with a maple neck.

And could you kind of describe the difference between the two?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I should also add that its going into an Alder body with a maple neck.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are putting in EMGs or Live Wires I don't think that makes any difference.

Comment

Hey hey. I have used these for years. In opinion, they blow the doors off EMG's for crushing metal tone. They are very aggresive. Very mid heavy, but not like the Duncan Distortion. I like these alot with a lower output neck pup like a Lawrence L500. They are awesome. by far my favorite pup.
                          LATER!!!
                          H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

How would you describe the differenece between the two?

Comment

Working...
                            X