Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new pointed headstock crossed swords? where can i get it!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new pointed headstock crossed swords? where can i get it!?

i saw a picture from namm of the new demartini crossed swords charvel with the pointed headstock and 2 pickups. does anyone know of any stores that have this guitar??

Re: new pointed headstock crossed swords? where can i get it!?

Nobody has them yet. They're all going to Germany at the moment.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

any one got a pic of it ? if so post one i havent seen it yet.

Comment

here is the awesome pic:

wow [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] wottta sexy guitar

Comment

Here is a picture of my refin with a custom neck :-) I had it made a long while back.

Comment

The new ones are custom shop pieces I think.
            I called Matt to see about getting one. And their a little more expensive than I thought they should be considering how graphic Jacksons are priced.

Really nice though.
            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I called Matt to see about getting one. And their a little more expensive than I thought they should be considering how graphic Jacksons are priced.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Go to the GMW website and see what a custom graphic goes for. The reason those Jackson graphics are cheaper is because they are done in production. Those graphics are done in such a way where it has to be done cheap enough to make it cost effective..

The crossed swords and flame tops etc at NAMM were in fact "Custom Shop" pieces and not the regular producation series as is expected
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

That's really a question that varies person to person .. it would be cheaper at GMW and they do great work .. no resale value and I think their turn arounds are longer than Jackson now .. Also they won't logo a headstock so if the charvel logo matters to you then this isn't the way to go ..

Jacksons quality seems to have gotten better and their turnaround on customs are typically 4-6 months now.. they are more money though .. the upside you can get it logo'd like the original and it will have a 3d serialized plate ..will hold more value longterm ...
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I must be an old stick in the mud. Hoss your guitar looks great and so does the NAMM Charvel. But that graphic doesn't look right with a pointy head.

Comment

Originally posted by KMaynard:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I called Matt to see about getting one. And their a little more expensive than I thought they should be considering how graphic Jacksons are priced.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Go to the GMW website and see what a custom graphic goes for. The reason those Jackson graphics are cheaper is because they are done in production. Those graphics are done in such a way where it has to be done cheap enough to make it cost effective..

The crossed swords and flame tops etc at NAMM were in fact "Custom Shop" pieces and not the regular producation series as is expected
                    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Quick question then, If one were to go Custom Shop for that guitar, Maple board, pointy headstock, crossed swords graphic, h/s and Floyd, and if resale were not an issue, would it be better to go Jackson or GMW, quality wise?
                    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Awsome guitar Hoss!! I love the Kahler Pro also [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Also, I heard Kahler is gearing up for a run of Pro 2300 series trems, is that the Kahler Pro Flatmount? if so, I will buy one for a custom made guitar soemday, unless Jackson and GMW buys some too? Jack.

Comment

ive heard that they are going to make a new batch of em hopefully theyll sell em to jackson adn others!

Comment

no resale value
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is not true anymore.. I've seen better resale on GMW's lately than Jacksons, if you go by the amount lost. Of course, that's with the Jackson/Charvel crowd so if that well dries up....

Should say no resale value outside of Charvel/Jackson fanatics.

A good example is My Charvel Star. I bought that off Ken for $1000. Originally, it was well over $2000. Then take the violet GMW I bought off Toru. This guitar was origanlly $1250. I bought it for $850. So the star lost well over $1000, while the GMW lost $350.

Rich

Comment

forgive my embarassing math skills.. that should be $400, not $350.

Comment

Working...
                            X