Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

not sure either guitar or amp makes humming noise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not sure either guitar or amp makes humming noise.

today while playing my guitar, when i play in clean mode i seem to get a hum from the amp. if i move to different parts of the room the noise will stop, but not many spots in the room make it quite, i tried the amp in differnet rooms same thing depends were i stand with the guitar, i have a jackson DK2 1 hum and 2 singles, it gets louder as i switch to the singles, if i am on the humbucker its there but not as loud, i have tried other guitars on it and it does the same thing but not as bad, the DK2 is the worse and not sure if its the amp or maybe the wireng in the DK2 or maybe the pickups ...

the other guitar i tried is a OLP MM1 and its not as bad like i say not the noticable, but i figure the dk2 has a more powerfull pickup and thats why its more noticeable with that then the olp...

should i return the amp and get a different amp like a microcube.. or is it the guitar???

thanks for any help..... and info... rather it be the amp..... then the guitar...

Re: not sure either guitar or amp makes humming noise.

That's kinda normal especially when playing at home (which I assume you were). Computer monitors and TVs and other things in the home kinda have an effect on the pickups and can cause the hum, and that's why its a different amount of hum depending where you stand or move around. I picked up a Boss Noise Gate just because of this for my home practice amp.

Comment

Re: not sure either guitar or amp makes humming no

+1. Plain ol' electromagnetic interference.

Comment

ok thanks for the help, and i guess i will look into a Boss Noise Gate ,to help with this prob.... anyone know of any cheap places to get one.. or even something along the lines maybe cheaper etc.... or other brand thanks...

Comment

also i can still hear the hum threw the amp when i am playing if the amp is loud enough....

Comment

Working...
          X