Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery Charvel Tele neck? "Discovery"

Mystery Tele neck

I just bought this thing and got it in today.
    Notice the crown heads with the proper monuting tab position, and even round string trees.

opinions?
    ANyone ever heard of "Discovery" Guitars?

Re: Mystery Charvel Tele neck? "Discovery"

no clue but its got a bullet truss rod. also the crown tuners are grovers not Gotoh, BTW some early ibanez's do have the same gotoh crown tuners as charvels.

Comment

I was going to bid on that. I saw it had crown heads on it. I was there in the last few seconds but decided not to bid cause I did'nt know what I'd do with the neck [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] The thought of it being Charvel was not in my mind cause of the bullet truss rod. I figured they would be heel adjusted as the strat necks are

Comment

Be careful buying crownheads. Ping was making sealed crownheads around the same time that look good a foot or more away but are really cheap quality.

Comment

It looks korean to me because of the thick bulge in the headstock.One dead give away is the bullit truss rod.Dixon(korean)used the bullit truss rods on their 21 fret strat head necks in the mid 80s.
          I actually like these necks, they are a quality neck with a kind of fat "C" profile.They tend to be quite thick at the heel.I used one of these on a model 1 body and had to deepen the neck pocket to make it fit correctly.JMO but I like em" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Last time I saw a "Discovery" guitar, it was one that would be compared to a Harmony.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

I ran across one yesterday in a used gear store.Tele body with some odd bevels and a rather thin body.Clearly made of plywood.The same neck as the one pictured in this thread but not as nice condition.The color was baby blue [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] Price was 75.00.

Comment

This is some import bunk but I can ise the tuners on projects until the right gotohs come along.

This neck is catually reaaly nice. It's one-piece construction and a very comfy "C" profile to her.

Comment

Chuck

I have similar tuners I got from a westone of the "80's"

Are the crown pills removable? Mine are and went right on a set of gotohs...
                  It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Yeah they are really good necks.Nice fretwork too a lot better than some jap necks nowadays.I'll tell you a secret I've got 3 of them put up in case a cool project comes up. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X