Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the wayne bait and switch..?...............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the wayne bait and switch..?...............

Now I fully admitt I am done with this guitar line for a year or so, but I got a peak of the "new" wayne headstock this morning..... curious if anyone else has seen this thing and some thoughts on it ???..and was this a boogie bodies induced changeover ?...it would seem to me wayne and michael have pulled yet another bait and switch on the old charvel gaurd..
    I would honestly think that any c/j person "that had" a serious interest in this line would now be diggin round the garage for a hammer and nails to pound the coffin lid on this line....I could be very very wrong , they may open up a whole new market for themselves, its just unfortunate they built the existing one on c/j fans only to pull yet another "draw" out from under them.........I didnt post a pic as not to infringe on a potential forum members guitar rights........if anyone has a pic please feel free to post it, its interesting at best......kind of a kramer classic headstock meets,the old wrc line with some outer space theme....john

Re: the wayne bait and switch..?...............

Will the current Wayne headstock still be availalble on custom orders? Why did he change it? Would love to see the new one.

rich

Comment

I would like to see it also. If anyone has a link or something post it....

Comment

nope not the one, that is the replacement wayne headstock that you have to chop a piece off of to make a real starthead...,..I would prefer that head to whats comin out..[by the way the headstock youve linked to is now obsolete as wayne is no longer making strat type necks ... only bodies, which makes no sense.....why would anyone buy a body if you cant get a neck to fit it ??
        I will try to contact one of our forum members who might have a wayne with the new headstock and see if I can post the pic...I dont want to step on any toes by posting a pic of his/her guitar ..I'll further add, many didnt like the wayne production strat type head with the bite taken out of the ball... I will admitt it took me a while to get used to it, but grew to like it...... this new design is something I wouldnt ever wanna see hanging on "my wall", much less a store front......if in the meantime someone beats me to a pic... please post it.. john

Comment

So the headstock with the bite taken out of the ball is no longer going to be available, or will it still be an option besdies this new one coming out? I was thinking of maybe eventually getting one, as I don't think the bite looks too bad either.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

ok, I have been asked NOT to post the headstock pic since what I have inbox shouldnt have gotten out of the bag yet....so out of deep respect for wayne himself and our forum member, I will comply .....there seems to be a good deal of mixed info floating around on this topic from the dealers and the private sector, so maybe we should all take a few steps back and wait till its officially unveiled and whether or not this will totally replace the current headstock design...... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] john

Comment

I got a e-mail from Michael C. about the new design.The good news is the new website will be up this week.

Comment

Is it the one on this page?

headstock?

Thats just plain bad IMHO.......

Dave->
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by budman68:
                  Is it the one on this page?

headstock?

Thats just plain bad IMHO.......

Dave->
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, Wayne's always had that neck as a replacement for people who want a Strathead. All you have to do is cut that piece off.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Oh....... [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I truely feel bad for Wayne. I think he had made the least of of his name and the return of of the Strathead Charvel has got to hurt him.
                      It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

I totally agree......not only will it likely put a huge dent in the wayne line, its his own namesake picking his pocket thus getting no return on what he created.... granted, he wanted out and sold it to groverwho took it to the next level, but to sell your name forever is plain crazy for any kind of money you might need at the time...wayne guitars should be thinking stay the course headstock wise, rather than a change up at this point especially with a major c/j renaisance on the horizon....
                        wayne charvel is an awesome guy, if you've ever had the pleasure of letting HIM keep you on the phone for a good hour and half or better talking shop, the ins and outs of building, set up tips,playing,or personally build you a guitar to your specs, etc. you know you're a better person for having spent the time with him.....
                        "I have never and likely will never meet, talk ,or respect someone in the industry as much"...."he simply oozes class"........
                        I only wish michael treated or took the time his father does/did, but then again guitars wouldnt be getting done , hence wayne no longer answering the phones, .......wayne treats everyone the same whether a big guy or little guy, he makes you feel as though youre the only one in the room, thats the way its supposed to be....after spending nearly 25k on mostly new and a few used waynes from 2000-2002 I came away with a sick feeling in my gut having dealt with michael ,...I finally came to a point wondering what the heck I was giving him my money for...they wouldnt build what I wanted "no matter how much I offered, or how long I was willing to wait", not to mention the b.s. I went through on the 2 bodies refused by dimartini, that michael one by one pulled out from under me after I comitted to them .......I guess the best way to describe my experience is this;
                        you frequent a restaurant on a regular basis, they know your name, what you eat and what you spend,and that you usually bring guests along that spend as well.....then, one day ,they tell you no matter how long you care to wait or pay , theyre simply to busy for you ,so you arent getting your steak "well done" ... you get it the way they prepare it or you can go elsewhere.......now ,I was willing to overlook the multiple guitars I found with same serial numbers,includng my evh1[ I documented almost the first 100 waynes] the untimely email replies, but when you tell me my money isnt worth your time.......its time to move on..........unfortunate, very unfortunate.......
                        john
                        [btw, I like my steaks medium rare]

Comment

I wonder, Mike may just have been trying to keep his dad from running the business into the ground, No excuse for how you were treated, but understandable in light of the history. It is a shame. I hope they fare well....
                          It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Unfortunately nice guys usually aren't the best businessmen. You sure don't make money running a company and talking to customers on the phone for an hour (which I also did a time or two).

I respect him for keeping at it but really needs to let the Charvel thing go and do something original. He sold a struggling company that basically did mail order parts, modifications, and a few guitars. The success came after he was gone. If C/J went out of business years ago I could see him possibly being successful with his line. With them in business and doing well I just don't see a market for his stuff.

Comment

while i havnt dealt with them as much as John, nor am i the big fish john was, they treated me OK at best. yes they fixed the issues i had,but it was done while making excuses & name dropping that left me pissed off & sure i would never buy another guitar with his name on the headstock. i dont care who you make guitars for & the fact "they" dont have any problems with them, i did. well all the bad things ive heard about WRC, & ritz guitars & his other post C/J ventures, IMHO this line is NOT much better.

Comment

Working...
                              X