Unknown Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown Charvel

Could someone please help me identify this guitar. All I know is that it is a neck thru, 24 fret, unknown humbucker pickup. There is no model number on it.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/a...LECTRIC+GUITAR

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Unknown Charvel

Looks like a Model 5A.

Made in Japan in 1987/88, I believe.

Comment

Thanks for that, do you know where i'd be able to find out a bit of info about this model 5a eg. pickups,prices etc.

Comment

There's a thread in the Charvel Import section called "Charvel Blue Book" or something of that nature that mentions both the current "blue book" values and the original prices. The variants of each model (5A, 5FX, 5, etc) apparently going for roughly the same amount as each other.

The pick-up was a J-95, originally, I believe. You could probably do a search in the Charvel Import section and find lots of info.

Comment

Its a model 5A which there are less of than the 2 hum model 5 but the 1hum 1 single 5FX are a bit harder to find because there were only around 300 made.Looks like the color black cherry. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

LyingSeason, are you an AIC fan?

Comment

Yep, that's a 5A, and the pickup is a J95. I've got one in black cherry. Some that didn't sell wound up going back to Jackson and got the single coil neck pickup added to become the 5FX. Some of the 5FX models also got added tone controls, some didn't.

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yup, I got one too [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TQASA6cYj!EhxPzKRn!stoLy3hx6UBD7QbLjhoi7fCNgd19iw k*kpjGBA3IwWolbZoxT1VMpNIw0eP2pCgsqYUppodGdwLM8BAt qAZIVYGQJu*DY!IaAYg/Reapersmall.jpg?dc=4675454458162724783[/img]

Dave->
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Yes Boxcar willie I am an alice in chains fan.I take it you are too?

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by budman68:
                    [QB] yup, I got one too [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Dave~

whenever you get ready to sell your 5A...give me call.... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Brad

Comment

They are my favorite band and Jerry's my second favorite guitarist ever!! I figured you either had to love them, because Lying Season is a rare song of theirs, or Lying Season was something else that I had no idea about. Did you ever get to see them live?

Comment

Working...
                      X