Edge Pro II on a warrior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edge Pro II on a warrior

Right now i'm working on that warrior, and was thinking of putting in an Edge Pro II bridge, because i have one on my RG370DX, and i really love how it feels and works. But i just took out the trem from my Ibanez and tried to see if it will fit into the warrior, and turns out that it wont go in.

On the Ibanez, the cavity is deeper. So i was wondering if i just reroute the warrior to how it is on the ibanez, will it fit ok? and would there be anything else to change? what should i look out for?

Here are some pics that I took. The black one is the ibanez and the red is the warrior.

thanks

Re: Edge Pro II on a warrior

What's the stud spacings, on center? Sounds like additional routing is in order, but the trem post holes, if the spacing isn't the same (can't rememebr, off hand), you will have to dowel the old holes, and re-drill. I HAVE seen Edge trems on Charvels and Jacksons. The last one being a beautiful 1987 Charvel Model 6, in red, at my local Guitar Center, in the used department. I fell in love, but, unfortunately, I had fallen even FARTHER in debt. (sigh)
    I'm not Ron!

Comment

The stud spacing is the same. you'll prpbably just need to route the area around the spring block.
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Do you think a Lo-pro would fit without rerouting anything?

Also, on the Edge pro II, after chaning strings, how do i know if i need to move the saddle lock backward or forwards?

Comment

I love edge pros, I am planning on installing one in my custom guitar once I build it.. They are great =]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Do you think a Lo-pro would fit without rerouting anything?

Also, on the Edge pro II, after chaning strings, how do i know if i need to move the saddle lock backward or forwards?

[/ QUOTE ]

The lo pro should fit without any routing. To set the intonation, tune the open string, then pick the 12th fret harmonic. If it's sharp you need to move the saddle back (toward the rear of the bridge), if it's flat you need to move it forward (toward the headstock). In other words you "lengthen" the open string length if it's sharp, and "shorten" it if it's flat. When the open string tuning matches the 12th fret harmonic you're good to go.
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Great, thanks man!

Comment

Working...
              X