SD Neck Specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD Neck Specs

Does anyone know the specs of a SD Charvel neck? Like width at nut, thickness at first fret and 12th, what kind of profile it had and radius.

I've searched all kinds of combinations on google and can't find anything. Was there any sort of standard or at least an average?

Thanks,

JE

Re: SD Neck Specs

There were different specs for different types of necks.. Stratheads were 1 3/4 or 1 5/8 at the nut and 2 3/16 at the butt .. Pointies were 1 11/16 at the nut but 2 1/4 at the butt .. what type of neck are you talking about
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

here are a couple I did of a couple examples of my Strat Heads [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

stratheads also had a 2 1/8" heal width, & ive also had pointy with a 2 3/16" heal

Comment

Thanks guys, you all rock. I really appreciate it. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] You ought to put that info somewhere on the site for all us Charvel newbies. I searched for 2 days and couldn't find any thing close to this.

One last thing, what kind of radius on those necks?

I'm really looking at getting one of the GMW Jake BlueBursts. So I need as much info about the neck feel, assuming that's the style neck he puts on them, since I can't play it before buying it. As soon as I have as much info as I can get and I'm still interested I'm going to contact GMW. I don't want to bother them till I'm sure, you know what I mean?

Thanks again,

Jason

Comment

It is a very comfortable neck. The radius feels like it is around 15". That's just a guess since it felt flatter than my current 12" radius neck.

Comment

Originally posted by DTP:
              Does anyone know the specs of a SD Charvel neck? Like width at nut, thickness at first fret and 12th, what kind of profile it had and radius.

I've searched all kinds of combinations on google and can't find anything. Was there any sort of standard or at least an average?

Thanks,

JE
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...c;f=4;t=000252 [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

seems no one knows?

Comment

Originally posted by randyvanmalmsteen:
                [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

seems no one knows?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">a) Your questions can be answered several ways, as several different specs were used. Everything was custom back then, remember.

b) These types of questions have been brought up many times, most recently in relation to the new limited edition Charvel stratheads.

c) The discussions somtimes end up in a spirited debate, as there is not a consensus due to a) above.

Comment

Working...
                X