Pickup suggestions please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup suggestions please!

Well, My birthday is next week and I am starting a new project. I am going to be building a one hum floyd rose star body. I have no clue what I want to use as the pickup in it though. I know I dont wnat an EMG.

Don

Re: Pickup suggestions please!

Hard to beat a Duncan Custom, imo. It always boils down to what's best to your ears, what your rig is, etc., but I definitely recommend that you check out the Custom if you haven't. What woods will be involved?

Comment

Pleazse keep in mind I am not planning on making this a true replica or anything. I just wanna build my custom star.

There is the body I bought already. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Neck will be maple rosewood or maple maple. I havent deciced for sure yet on that one. (It will be a reverse strathead though.)

Comment

+1 on the custom. you may wanna go rosewood on the fretboard if the body is gonna be maple; you may wind up with something really bright sounding, and the rosewood may take the edge off a bit.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sounds like a plan. Oh Sully, I got my new camera today. As soon as my card reader comes in I will be posting a family pics featuring a BEAUTYFUL RR! I will also be submitting it for guitar of the month... [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Don

Comment

very cool man!!!
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

My current favorite is the Rio Grande BBQ bucker, it's really smooth for medium+ gain classic rock, I'm not sure how it would be for high gain.

Comment

+2 on the custom if you are into the 80s vib.

Comment

If you do go all maple, you actually might be able to get a different tone out of an EMG. They are darker pickups on a really bright guitar. Who knows?

Comment

Working...
                  X