Warren DeMartini Guitar Bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren DeMartini Guitar Bodies

I was looking to the early guitars Warren used when he was in Ratt. I would like to know what kind of bodies did the strat neck equiped guitars had? Are they USA "2 or 3 model" with a single humbucker cutout bodies?

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Warren DeMartini Guitar Bodies

i think they were mostly usa strat sized bodies with a few of the being dinky sized?

jon

Comment

Charvel brand model or any other USA strat body? [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Alot of his guitars were SD charvels and some of them ended up with Performance necks on them. He also had alot of complete Performance guitars. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Dude, it sounds like you're confusing the Charvel Model series guitars - which were made in Japan - with Charvel USA custom shop stuff. Warren's guitars were custom USA Charvels, period. Mostly strat bodies, some dinkys. No relation to Model 2 or 3s.

Comment

I'm not confused bro, I know that model series are jAPAN made, and SD series are US made. What I tried to explain is that the early bodies of the Warren guitars looked like the old model ones, you know with the edges a little more rounded, like 2 or 3 japanese models different than model 4 and on that has more square edges, or like the soloist type of bodies. Can you get me? That gets me into another question, What are the USA SD series or name of the series models that look the same, or are equivalent to the japanese 2 or 3 models bodies?
            Am I clear? Is like if somebody ask me what car body looks like the 944, and the answer is 944s. They are two different place made cars that has the same body. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

The rounder edge would be found on Strat style bodies and the more square edge would be found on the Dinky style body.

Comment

Jim, that's what I need to know, that simple. Thanks pal. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Jonsgon now I got you. Thanks to you too.
                  [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow! Those two rock then 'cause you sure lost the heck outta me! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

we'll chuck we all know your easily confused........

just jokes
                      [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      jon

Comment

You didn't mention you were interested in buying one, but have you checked out GMW Guitarworks? It seems Lee's making replicas of just about every one Warren's ever owned!

Check it out
                        http://www.gmwguitars.com/class/rockreplicas.html

Comment

There's a mahogany GMW DeMartini for sale in Classifieds.

Comment

Working...
                          X