Floyd blocking question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd blocking question...

First of all, yes I read Sully's blocking a floyd sticky thread, doesn't exactly answer this: can I block a floyd and make it basically a hard tail? No floating either direction...? (Sorry if this has been asked... or if it's a dumb question, flame away... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img])
    Hardware: all black, all the time.

Re: Floyd blocking question...

Yeah, just block it on both sides. No problems.

Comment

There's an easier way:

www.tremol-no.com

1. Purchase unit from AllParts and install it in the guitar (they'll start shipping in a few weeks).
      2. Remove the thumbscrews that come with the unit; replace them with set screws (that also come with the unit).
      3. Done.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        There's an easier way:

www.tremol-no.com

1. Purchase unit from AllParts and install it in the guitar (they'll start shipping in a few weeks).
        2. Remove the thumbscrews that come with the unit; replace them with set screws (that also come with the unit).
        3. Done.

[/ QUOTE ]Hey Kevan, thanks for sharing this info. I'm definitely gonna purchase it for my guitars. BTW, are you the same guy in the video with Rob Balducci?
        "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Yes, that's me. I'm the hack that sounds like a spoon clinking around inside and empty gas can.
          Rob's the one with the sweet tone and more chops than Benihanna.
          [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks!! I'll need 2!!! Please let us all know when it's available... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              There's an easier way:

www.tremol-no.com

3. Done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you disclose the price on these?

Comment

if you search allparts.com you will find it listed with price... i wont post price here not sure if thats allowed...

but will says to much if ya ask me i will stick with blocks if need to block....

Comment

Charlz- As the above post says, I'm not sure about listing prices here, so we'll wait for the word on that. Let's just say that it's cheaper than buying 3 different guitars with 3 different bridges.

Yes- wood blocks are indeed cheaper than a Tremol-No. They are, however, much harder to remove. Whether it's in the middle of a set, or when it comes time to sell. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X